Klipschorns: The best speakers on planet!!

jmslaw

Now that I have spent the better part of an hour reading this thread, several good points were made and I agree with them. Is Klipsch the absolute worlds best beat all end all speaker at any price? No, however for this listener, if I can have 90% of the sound for 1% of the price, for me, it is a no brainier. Also, I do believe there are a lot of romantic and fond memories that we hear when we turn to our speakers. Most of us (from what I think is right) are in our mid 40s or better and the first sound we heard that blew our socks off was Klipsch. I know that was true for me. So in some way, we relive our youth through our speakers. Garbage you say? Possibly, I can only say what seems to be true for me but I suspect that it is true for many.

Will the classic Klipsch products sell to a young listener raised in a throw away era? Who knows for sure? They were raised with a NEW is better, Old is bad theme in their lives. They drive 2.0 liter Jap cars and think they have something (though they probably never even heard a 426 hemi in a street car) Like all new generations they think that only they have the truth and all that is past just isnt fully informed. Is this true for EVERYONE in the new generations, NO people are individuals and there are lots of variations.

For this old blacksmith though, I am VERY happy with my new Fortes. I will get some pictures soon and they will shock the purists on the board as the room is set up all wrong, the speakers are in the wrong place, my chair is wrong, I am too close etc

You know what? They are right but it works for me and for me I am the one who matters most of all. Would the sound be better if I made changes? Sure it would but these are the constraints I live with. Is the Khorn a great speaker yes it is! Is it EVERYTHING TO EVERYONE? NO!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 3/19/2004 3:03:35 AM bdc wrote:

Why should it matter if he was in some band(s)? Even if he were in the most famous of all bands, that wouldn't mean he should get special treatment or that his words/opinions mean more than those of us who aren't "famous" or whatever else you'd like to say. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I read that post and it came across to me as "do you know what you just did!? you disagreed with so and so, do you know who he is!?"

----------------

I don't think that was loaded intent , plus i was'nt " IN " any bands .

I started out as a DJ in a strip club . lol 3.gif Then was lucky enough to hook up with a local band as a roady and finally on contract to a sound and stage engineering firm .

I toured around with some big players in the industry " but " as a crew we were one step in front of the band or one step behind taking down the last gig. The world of live rock & roll is hard work and long hours for the stage crews , my body could no longer take the 16 and 18 hr days of lugging around stage moniters bigger than sub compact cars 2.gif . Plus the whole drug and alcohol seen was starting to effect my personal life.

Stage kit is totaly different from home audio , i'm here to learn the finer points not come off as a been there done that sort of a guy , so if thats the impression i gave you then i'm sorry for offending you.

But " hey " if you want to rig up your local towns football field with towers of moniters and 20k or 30k of power then i can help you out .9.gif

"My conclusion has been that while price MIGHT sometimes be an indicator, it is certainly not automatically so. Some very expensive things are just turkeys no matter how you dice it, and sometimes really inexpensive things turn up with absolutely great sound."

Case in point, the Toshiba SD-3950. How many people here can tell the different (and pick out which is which) between the $300 (used) Rega Planet and the $59 (new) SD-3950 in a blind test?

----------------

On 3/19/2004 11:09:54 AM mdeneen wrote:

Many years ago there was a HiFi store in San Jose who's owner insited on keeping all speakers on a stage behind a thin gauze curtain in the dark. You could select speakers with the switch, but you couldn't see them or know which were playing. As the guy would say, "When you get to the ones you prefer, I'll tell you how much they cost." A neat idea, even if slightly flawed by variations in placement, etc.

----------------

Funny, that's how my wife picked me.

She's been dealing with my variations in placement for almost 17 years...

The 2-CH may be shut down for new posts, but we can still edit!!