Advice on new system

RyeMan

I am building a new system and am going with either 2x RF-25 or RF-35 for the front, RC-25 and 2x RS-25 for the surounds. I need help matching them with a reciever I am looking at either the Onkyo TXSR701 or the H/K AVR430, any advice on which sounds better? Also Any advice on staying with the RF-25's or going with RF-35's?

Thanks for the help

----------------

On 3/17/2004 2:23:06 PM RyeMan wrote:

Thanks for your reply's. I like the H/K but they cost much more for comparible power on the onkyo, the 701 is 100 WPC and the H/K is 65. Would 65 W be enough for the RF-35's?

----------------

H/K is known to understate the power ratings of their amps. As far as 65 H/K rated watts being enough I would say probably yes unless you really like to blast it but others might say you can never have enough power.

Yamaha makes a great product, but I own one of the older generation amps (DSP-A1000) and I am not happy with it with my RF-7's. It's just too bright at higher volumes. I can't really speak for the newer products.

I'd say go for the RF-35s as long as they are within your price range. The 25's look kind of thin and weak compared to the 35s. As for the reciever, I've heard HK's match well with klipsch speakers. I kind of wish I had gotten an HK, or at least was able to hear one.

Thanks for all your input. I decided to go with 2xRF-35 in front with a RC-35, 2xRS-25 and RW-10. I actually took the best internet prices to Ultimate Electronics and they came within $150 all together, so I think I got a good deal.

I have one question though, all of the speakers came with a folder containing the manuals, except for the center, is this normal or was this an open box or something?

Thanks again for all your help.

All my Klipsch speakers came with a manual. Can you return the rw-10 and swap it for the rw-12. I demo'ed both and albeit my rf-15's need the support, but with the rw-12 you can feel the bass. I wasn't even sure the rw-10 was turned on in comparison. The rw-12 is a big step up from the rw-10 and more than worth the small up-charge.

The manual is packaged with the spikes in the bottom of the styrofoam at the bottom of the speaker box. I missed mine originally, as I lifted my rf3II's out the top. DUH!!! Common sence says that I should have laid the box down, opened the bottom flaps, and then stood the mess up , and pull the box off the top. Oh well, live and learn, sometimes brawn takes over brains.