Paying too much?

cjjackson85

I've looked around the forum, using the search function but I just have a simple question about the Reference 35 line. I'm looking at getting:

RF-35s

RC-35

RS-35 or RB-35

RW-12

When closing the deal at a local audio shop,what's a good/great price? How much is too much to pay for each of these speakers? I've bought at least 3k of car/home audio from one salesman there so he knows me pretty well. Don't want to get ripped off.

The vast majority of dealers sell at MSRP. Knowing full well that there is alot of slack in that price, I go and look at on-line prices for the same equipment, print it out and go back to my local Klipsch dealer to show him. Tell him look, dont make me go online, I want to spend my money locally, but you have to work with me cause I now know you can do better..... everytime they have matched it or very close!

Are any of the on-line dealers "authorized"? If so, you should be set. If not, the local guy will probably argue the value of that (why he is charging more). It's worth something, but how much?

If they don't match the price, they should certainly approach the on-line price.

Just FYI , The Good Guys and the Good Guys.com are not associated, the guy that owns the website sold the store chain years ago and kept the website and the rights to using the name.

To the poster, I purchased my Klipsch from a local authorized dealer and know there pricing strategies pretty well.

If you were to buy the whole package as you stated above then you should get 15-20% off list....expect 10% off at the very least otherwise take your business elsewhere.