Happy St. Patrick's Day!

BBB

----------------

On 3/17/2004 11:49:30 AM TBrennan wrote:

George Bush isn't smart enough to be a Domer, he'd never have been admitted, luckily for him Yale has "legacy" admissions.

I hate this thing where St. Patrick's Day is being turned into a general holiday, it's an Irish day and now it's being diluted. Now we have commercials for ignorant 20-something louts of the "Man Show" persausion touting the holiday. Disgusting.

St. Patrick brought the light of the True Faith and Christ's Holy and Apostolic Church to Ireland. Now his day, which should include some contemplation of God and the meaning of Catholocism to Ireland, is being turned by Godless capitalists into an occasion to pitch their wares to mindless, drunken boors who vomit in gutters. Well what else is new, this is America afterall.

//

And gimme a little credit, I didn't attack The Domer himself.

----------------

Huh? Whatever.

It was a light-hearted picture that I thought was appropriate for the occasion, not intended as some segue into politics or an opportunity for you to snipe at the "domer". Well, it doesn't matter; I'm heading to the field in a few minutes and as such will not respond to further enlightening "comments".

Happy St. Patricks Day to all (what's left of it).

Tom,

I always enjoy seeing all the Protestant lads at the Presbyterian college where I work. Many of them wear lots of green on this day. They tend to turn green when I tell them why the Irish wore green.

Cheers,

Marvel

----------------

5:34:57 PM TBrennan wrote:

BBB----Sorry pal, I was a little, ah, out of sorts this morning. Ya see being an old pro at this St. Patrick's thing I did my celebrating last night.

----------------

Nothing like an apology to smooth things over, O'Brennan. Great to see some maturity on the board. Happy St. Pat's Day and drink some good monk-brewed ale in honor.

Cluless, as one equal opportunity Holiday Brew Hoister, your cups would be full of Green Harp and Guinness... and the corned beef & cabbage would be served until you could eat no more. But I thought you wore kilts and fed the cats candied-kippers?

Have a happy! -HornEd

----------------

On 3/17/2004 8:42:54 PM cluless wrote:

Lets not venture into Monk Brewed Ale...My all time favorite is Chimay out of Belguim...

----------------

Hmmmm ....I thought that I said...Lets not venture into....

Perhaps some of the flaming problem round here is not so much what is "Read Between The Lines", as to a FAILURE TO "Read the Lines"..

I'M Tired, I'm Cranky and Right now I'm wondering WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BECOME AN ISSUE!

P.S...I super-glued the cat's cereal into little shamrock configurations and spray-painted them green..

P.S.S. They paid no attention the shamrocks...they spent the evening licking up the purple beer that I kept spilling.

I think that I'

Cluless, I can't believe you sprayed them green... or did you mean the cereal. Now, at least that should be one "none issue" for your Irish Stew this St. Paddy's Day.

Just remember, all over Klipsch Forum Land, would be Irishers (and a few real ones) will no doubt be hoisting a brew in tribute to "clu"... for better or "less."

Purple Beer... now there ought to be a story behind that! Cheers in what ever color makes you smile! -HornEd

Well, it's almost over, St. Patty's day..and it's also my wonderful wife's (Patty) birthday. Hence her name..

But I also must share an Irish joke..which I liked..

Q. How do you know when an Irish honeymoon is over?

A. When Peter goes to Dublin!

Happy SPD!

Steve