OT: A very, very sobering read

Griffinator

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 3/19/2004 7:54:45 PM wheelman wrote:

We should start now bettering ourselves and conserve as much energy as possible and for Godsakes lets start helping others and future others instead of being greedy F#$ks. And that goes for every country. God Bless all nations. If we were all Blessed their would be no need for war. Peace out

----------------

The key here is that the US government isn't going to do it for us. We need to be forward-thinking and start doing it ourselves.

For the price of two pair of brand new Klipschorns, you can install a complete 1600W solar collector system on your roof - enough to cut your electric bill by 75-80%, even with those megawatt Carvers you're running! 9.gif

Well i certainly am no genius or conspirerist and it's just a rumor as i stated. But i do think they got alot of money to influence almost anyone that can be bought. OK i get your point on patents. But check out that Plasma propulsion it's interesting. I don't know if it will do us any good. And i still want to know where is our oil in Alaska? Am i missing something i havent seen it mentioned anywhere. I heard Alaska is loaded with oil.

----------------

On 3/19/2004 9:06:45 PM wheelman wrote:

Well i certainly am no genius or conspirerist and it's just a rumor as i stated. But i do think they got alot of money to influence almost anyone that can be bought. OK i get your point on patents. But check out that Plasma propulsion it's interesting. I don't know if it will do us any good. And i still want to know where is our oil in Alaska? Am i missing something i havent seen it mentioned anywhere. I heard Alaska is loaded with oil.

----------------

The estimates you've heard are coming from people who desperately want to drill out the ANWR.

The more realistic estimates of the ANWR's recoverable reserves is more like about 15 years worth of oil (US consumption).

----------------

On 3/19/2004 9:02:18 PM Griffinator wrote:

----------------

On 3/19/2004 7:54:45 PM wheelman wrote:

We should start now bettering ourselves and conserve as much energy as possible and for Godsakes lets start helping others and future others instead of being greedy F#$ks. And that goes for every country. God Bless all nations. If we were all Blessed their would be no need for war. Peace out

----------------

The key here is that the US government isn't going to do it for us. We need to be forward-thinking and start doing it ourselves.

For the price of two pair of brand new Klipschorns, you can install a complete 1600W solar collector system on your roof - enough to cut your electric bill by 75-80%, even with those megawatt Carvers you're running!
9.gif

----------------

That's exactly what i said (ourselves). And i don't own any carvers LOL. Although i did consider them back in 1990.I am guilty of a mesa boogie though.1.gif

----------------

On 3/19/2004 9:14:34 PM Griffinator wrote:

----------------

On 3/19/2004 9:06:45 PM wheelman wrote:

----------------

The estimates you've heard are coming from people who desperately want to drill out the ANWR.

The more realistic estimates of the ANWR's recoverable reserves is more like about 15 years worth of oil (US consumption).

----------------

Thank you. Finally an anwser to my question. Thanks

----------------

On 3/19/2004 5:55:36 PM tbabb wrote:

I don't think it was plasma technology. It is an Ion propulsion drive. Takes years for it to get up to speed, but can accelerate forever.

- tb

----------------

As for technology NASA is actually using now, ion drive it is. I just saw a Science channel show about "Deep Space 1", which was the first space vehicle to use it successfully.

----------------

On 3/19/2004 9:17:41 PM wheelman wrote:

----------------

Having been born in Alaska, the ANWR is an issue close to my heart. It enrages me to think that millions of acres of pristeen wilderness land are worth less than a few million barrels of oil to certain entities in our government.

----------------

On 3/19/2004 10:10:46 PM Griffinator wrote:

----------------

On 3/19/2004 9:17:41 PM wheelman wrote:

----------------

Having been born in Alaska, the ANWR is an issue close to my heart. It enrages me to think that millions of acres of pristeen wilderness land are worth less than a few million barrels of oil to certain entities in our government.

----------------

I also believe we should perserve all of the wilderness that is still left. Alaska and British columbia is very beautiful and should stay that way. It also saddens me when people have to die for oil

----------------

On 3/19/2004 10:19:47 PM nathangen wrote:

Alaska was purchased by all US in 1867.People born in Alaska do not own it. The money was Us govt money everyones taxes bought it.I know that from history.

----------------

Who said anything about owning it? I just think it's a tragedy that the pitifully small and very difficult to extract oil reserves in the ANWR are worth more than one of the last true wilderness refuges we have in this country.

Its' America's oil.Drill it so we do not need MiddleEast oil. Also there is millions oil off California and Florida gulf.Drill it while work on hydrogen cars.That is the answer everybody.Sun 10.gif cant' power cars. Maybe 1 m.p.h.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------

On 3/19/2004 10:40:14 PM nathangen wrote:

Its' America's oil.Drill it so we do not need MiddleEast oil. Also there is millions oil off California and Florida gulf.Drill it while work on hydrogen cars.That is the answer everybody.Sun
10.gif
cant' power cars. Maybe 1 m.p.h.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------

Sure, but vegetable oil can. The conversion kits are out there. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=vegetable+oil+fuel+conversion+kit&btnG=Google+Search

You can even make deals with local restaurants (who have to pay to have their fry oil recycled) to take it for free to fuel your car up! It's not hard to filter the crap out. Simple sieve-type screens.

This is another option I'm seriously considering, as both my jobs require me to drive A LOT - and fuel economy only gets you so far when gas is $1.60 a gallon.

I'm all for solar power.I got solar power lights all around my yard,I think they were made by Exxon.They cost 10x more than the same electric type and put out 1/10th the light of electric 7w bulbs.Its hard to believe that the sun is free but still cost so much.I'm thinkin its those Exxon solar fat cats selling all this solar junk just to give it a bad name.All kiddin' aside it would be great to go to the Home Depot and get solar shingles,siding etc...

Didn't anybody read the article I referenced? A renewable economic resource from any biological waste product! With that technology we can clean up the sludge from those hog and chicken farms, fish gurry, slaughter houses and human waste and produce crude oil at the same time.

I believe that that is the future of oil and gas. Protect the envrionment while protecting the envrionment from oil exploitation. In combination with hydrogen propulsion and modern nuclear powerplants the US can be self sufficient in a decade if we put our collective resources behind it.

Rick

----------------

On 3/19/2004 11:32:42 PM 3dzapper wrote:

the US can be self sufficient in a decade if we put our collective resources behind it.

Rick

----------------

This I can totally agree with,Griff's on the right track too.Now how can we make some money on all this and become the new fat cats?

3.gif ok just jokin.