OT: A very, very sobering read

Griffinator

I thought it was a poor direction for Bush to take by making a big deal of the space exploration issue.

And I am conservative.

Our kids should be able to recite the national energy policy as well aas they recite the "Pledge of Aligance".

I cannot recite it; it does not exist for public consumption.

He should have said we are gonna take all of the NASA guys and put them on enery efficiency, recycling and alternative enregy for the next 10 years; then we go back to outer space.

I see this as an issue to educate one self; just like the evolution and pervasive evil of militant Islam.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I seen something about this on a news program. A fusion device that will take in raw waste and produce clean power.

- tb

----------------

On 3/19/2004 11:32:42 PM 3dzapper wrote:

Didn't anybody read the article I referenced? A renewable economic resource from any biological waste product! With that technology we can clean up the sludge from those hog and chicken farms, fish gurry, slaughter houses and human waste and produce crude oil at the same time.

I believe that that is the future of oil and gas. Protect the envrionment while protecting the envrionment from oil exploitation. In combination with hydrogen propulsion and modern nuclear powerplants the US can be self sufficient in a decade if we put our collective resources behind it.

Rick

----------------

I'm not sure any of you are aware of Dr. Steven M. Greer.

http://www.seaspower.com/sgreer.htm

He is a proponent that the US Goverment does indeed have non-terrestrial reversed engineered energy sources and technology and develops it through black ops programs. He founded SEAS in order to raise capital and attempt to develop these technologies for benefit of the general populous.

http://www.seaspower.com/Papers.htm

Space Energy Access Systems, Inc. (SEAS) is in the process of identifying and testing new technologies that claim to be "over unity"; that is, they put out more electric power than is required to operate. It is our goal, utilizing a unique strategic approach, to bring forth these new environmentally sound technologies to replace virtually all fossil fuel, internal combustion and ionizing nuclear technologies within 20-30 years.

His other effort is :

http://www.disclosureproject.com/background.htm

Which attacks the government directly in attempt to get the non-terrestrial technology public.

I'm not sure how much of this stuff I believe, but there is ALOT of testimony and documentation to back it up. Take the red pill and just see how far the rabbit hole goes....

----------------

On 3/20/2004 12:51:18 AM tbabb wrote:

I think I seen something about this on a news program. A fusion device that will take in raw waste and produce clean power.

- tb

----------------

On 3/19/2004 11:32:42 PM 3dzapper wrote:

Didn't anybody read the article I referenced? A renewable economic resource from any biological waste product! With that technology we can clean up the sludge from those hog and chicken farms, fish gurry, slaughter houses and human waste and produce crude oil at the same time.

I believe that that is the future of oil and gas. Protect the envrionment while protecting the envrionment from oil exploitation. In combination with hydrogen propulsion and modern nuclear powerplants the US can be self sufficient in a decade if we put our collective resources behind it.

Rick

----------------

----------------

Of course, the only problem with that concept?

No one has managed a working fusion model. It's purely theoretical, even now. Cold fusion has been discussed for years and years and years, but no one has made it feasible to date.

We do have a fusion device its called the SUN. The problem with a earth bound unit we dont have a efficient containment device to hold it together for more than a fraction of a second. The one I worked with was TOKOMAC.

----------------

On 3/21/2004 10:58:24 AM nathangen wrote:

Why buy oil rom halfway round the world?Itis here in Alaska and california and Florida.Very safe if you don't spill it. Keep the money here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nat

----------------

When are you going to connect with the concept, friend?

This thread isn't about "where are we going to get oil"

It's about "what can each of us, personally, do to reduce our dependence on oil?"

----------------

On 3/22/2004 5:52:57 PM Griffinator wrote:

When are you going to connect with the concept, friend?

This thread isn't about "where are we going to get oil"

It's about "what can each of us, personally, do to reduce our dependence on oil?"

----------------

hillbilly rockin.gif

I says we cut down on them thar greased pig catchin contests

we have every month to 12 instead of 13 times a year. Yesur.

"He should have said we are gonna take all of the NASA guys and put them on enery efficiency, recycling and alternative enregy for the next 10 years; then we go back to outer space."

When you stop and think about all the advances that we as a whole have gained from aero-space research: solar panels, ICs, weather forcasting (although they are still wrong half the time), air travel saftey ,Etc..... Continued investment in space technology will pay dividends in the long run. Personally I'd rather see a payload launched at the end of a rocket than a MIRV device! Remember the Atlas Rocket that put Telstar into orbit? It was designed to obliviate Moscow!

Griff, Solar technology right now is too expensive to justify. In a generation maybe the technology will exist to make it feasable. Solar shingles from Home Depot, I like that idea! As long as they aren't orange!!!!!!!6.gif

Rick

PS: No offense meant to those in the Southwest with orange tile roofs. They do look nice with white stucco SW arcitecture. The orange plastic roofs on Taco Bells are a bit tacky though.