Klipsch Home Theater In A Box?!?!

eq_shadimar

The Faroudja upconversion chip in that thing upconverts ALL video inputs ( composite vid, s-vid, component vid ) to 1080i resolution and outputs it via component video jack. It also is a DVD-A and SACD player. The sub has dual 8's, and the 900watt system amp ( 100w x6 to speakers, 300w to sub ). MSRP: is $4,000.00

H-e-l-l-o ...people ...it's plastic trash outsourced to china. Klipsch is no longer about high end audio. It's sunk to home theater in a box for the masses. Klipsch is now or will soon be competing with GPX, Coby, Emerson, Sony, phillips, and the like. Instead of concentrating on their soon to be extinct usa made quality product lines Klipsch has lowered themselves to this?! HOME THEATER IN A BOX made in China. You should be sickened not estatic. Soon "Klipsch" and "cheap junk" will be synonymous. It's inevitable.

This is the way klipsch has been heading ever since pwk kicked the bucket.

NOT EDITED BY THE KLIPSCH GODS9.gif

bigbusa-

that seems to be a crass remark coming from someone who hasn't even heard the system. while i don't particularly care for products being sourced out to foreign countries,it is a reality in the electronics/speaker market today. if klipsch stays in business because they adapt to todays market(and allows them to continue to build and develop high quality products in the U.S.A.) i say more power to them. bose makes their stuff all over the place,and this product is priced in the same range as their lifestyle systems,with far superior performance. i don't care for bose sound,but they are doing something right as far as market share goes. to take another(perhaps BETTER example)this product is priced BELOW other similar products(like Bang and Olfson)and STILL offers far superior performance. i for one am happy to see it being developed.

JMO-

avman.

----------------

On 3/19/2004 5:54:31 PM avman wrote:

per my understanding of what my klipsch rep told us:

this system has aragon amps in it!! and the faroujda video processing is exceptional! and the speakers...well they are klipsch
9.gif

avman.

----------------

BBB read this.

2.gif

avman.

Triple B - Samsung has a HTIB that uses Klipsch speakers, but it is totally different and separate from this Klipsch-only offering. I think it sounds neat - what a great way to do higher-end HTIB for those who like good sound, but don't want to mess with all the boxes and junk.

Yea Doug. I was really trying to pose a question rather than make a statement. Im aware of the Klipsch/Samsung collaboration on a couple of Samsung's HTiB models so I was wondering out loud if Samsung was making the universal DVD player for the KES-6100 rig. The player's specs look pretty cool. I suppose we'll find out who builds it soon enough.

BBB-

since you put it THAT way,

i don't KNOW who is doing the 'dvd part' of the player, but since samsung is selling a dvd player that offers 1080i output capability, i would say that's a fair GUESS.

i'll let y'all know as i find out more.

-you wascally wabbit!2.gif

avman.