Horn speakers

nathangen

Iam staying where I live for awhile.So I will look (and listen!!!] to Klipsch (sorry bad spelling before).2chan for now.I think Klipschhorn. How much are new Lascalals?Or are they discontined? Top Klipschhorn has better reviews is used safe? Do they work forever. thanks everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nat

----------------

On 3/20/2004 9:15:13 PM Colin wrote:

Unless of course, you are listening to live acoustic instruments. Musical instruments are distortion generators.

----------------

Huh?

Distortion, by definition, is any departure, revision or alteration of the original.

I suggest you think long and hard about your definition of distortion and how it relates to the sound generated from a violin, cello, piano, etc...

I am staying where I live for awhile. So I will look (and listen!!!] to Klipsch (sorry bad spelling before). 2 chan for now. I think Klipschhorn. How much are new Lascalas? Or are they discontined? Top Klipschhorn has better reviews is used safe? Do they work forever. thanks everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you take care of them, and don't abuse them -- yes, they will easily out live you and your children.

If you can afford them, the new LaScalas and Klipschorns are very nice and sound great. $4200 and $7500 respectively (retail). Buying used is "safe" if you do some homework first. I would recommend 1985 and up, but that is just my opinion.

John -- I believe Colin was referring to the Single Ended instruments.16.gif

My guitar is a PP design. The strings pull on the neck and pull on the bridge! 9.gif

One advantage I see with older (and newer ) Klipsch is that the woofer surround isn't foam. The cloth surrounds seem to last about forever (okay, forever isn't here yet). My Heresies are from the '80s, and my JBLs from the early '70s. Both still going strong.

Marvel