This is disconcerting...

maxg

From the 2 channel warning posted:

"If you take your fighting and name calling to another part of the forum we will shut the whole thing down."

There have been several warnings posted and none have obviously had sufficient effect to pacify the powers that be.

It would be a terrible shame to lose this community of ours however understandable the position of the "authorities".

Question:

Would anyone be interested in setting up a bolt-hole should the worst happen? I would be happy to go about sourcing an alternate server and some forum software and even take on a moderator role if required but I would prefer not to go it alone.

It would be nice if some of the regulars would provide support to get the thing going if needs must.

I would like to stress the following however:

1. I have no interest in doing this whilst this forum is alive, if not particuarly well.

2. I would infinitely prefer to do this with the continued participation of Klipsch themselves - if they are interested.

3. We would need a model to make the thing pay for itself. I am not looking to do this for a living so it would not have to make a profit. I would just prefer it not to cost me, except in the initial stages, too much at least. I imagine this would have to be on an advertizing basis so we could avoid membership fees..I am very keen to keep the posting process free to the users if at all possible.

Anyone game - should this place go down....????

It's something that I've thought about several times in the past whenever things got out of hand here on the board. Wouldn't help if this forum was gone and then trying to set it up. LOL.

If you need some help, I might be able to provide assistance. In fact I think I can find a host that would be FREE for 3 years. I also know some good forum software.

After a brief correspondence with Trey it doesnt look like the forum is in any immediate danger - which is a relief - lets keep this one on the back burner just in case.

Nice to know there are members out there keen to keep this community going ....

Max,

Here is a great model:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/

This is the largest site in the archery community.The site is run by Martin archery and if you read a few posts you will find all brands represented along with accessories. It features sponsors and advertisors to offset the costs and VB Bulletin board software, which I find the best in the business.

I have to admit that I don't post there very often anymore because of the flaming of the brand of bow I shoot and win with but do participate in the "soap box" section from time to time.

I love this forum and would hate to see it shut down by it's benefactors because of a few inconsiderate nincompoops. Maybe klipsch could use volunteer moderators to police the forum, deleting uncalled for posts,etc., as some other forums do. That would free up Klipsch personell to perform their duties in the company.

Rick