RSW12 Auto On?

kurt1026

I have a RSW-12 paired with the new Denon 3805 and I'm in the middle of setting up the system. What I have noticed is the RSW-12 will not automatically engage when the switch on the back of the sub is in the auto on mode - I need to cycle the switch for the sub to become active. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

I did a search to help answer my own question and this is what I found ~

1) From my single reciever output line I need a Y adapter into the sub input L & R (Will this increase bass response?)

2) Turn up bass output level in receiver

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

kurt,

My RSW-15 works exactly the same. The Y adapter doubles the signal input. The receiver that I have is set to +6 db on the subwoofer channel. The gain is set to 10 o'clock. A good cable is also needed, i.e., a low resistance cable.

The sub usually stays on without a problem when bass is present. If there is a problem, I set the sub up to +7 db on the receiver. My receiver is capable of putting out 11 volts on the subwoofer output.

Bill

I was a little confused about how the Auto-On feature was supposed to work too.

When I purchased the RSW-12 I also bought a high quality cable with an integral Y adapter, I found that when I turned the system on to watch TV, the sub power indicator LED stayed red.

I inquired about this on the Klipsch forum and I was informed that there wasn't always enough LFE output from the Cable/TV to activate the AUTO/ON feature in the sub.

What I have since found is that most TV commercials and reality shows have enough to activate the sub but programming like sitcoms and older movies won't be enough.

I also found that if I turn up the system volume momentarily it usually will turn the sub on, for atleast 15 minute anyway!

It's a great sub, I'm really happy with the way it can cave my chest and eardrums in when the girl lets me turn it loose!9.gif