Parasound C2 with the A52 or A51 or 1205A ???

john4618

I'm getting a Parasound C2 and want to know which amp to use, the A51 at 250 watts RMS x 5 or- the A52 at 125 watts RMS x 5 or- should I just use my 1205A that I already have ???

I can't demo these so I have some questions:

1. Im told that my 1205A is a little too bright for the C2 vs. the A51 and A52 - true or false ??? Will I really hear a difference between say the 1205A and the A52 ???

2. Is the A51 at 250 watts RMS x 5 an overkill for my RF-7's, keeping in mind that the A51 is 2 times the cost of the A52 at 125 watts RMS x 5 ??? Will I really hear a difference between the A51 and A52 ???

Any and all comments appreciated.

Well you can always try it with the the 1205a amp you already have and see how you like it.

I'm going to say 125 watts are plenty for the REF 7's but I can guarantee others will disagree. It's one of those debates like bi-wiring and interconnects we have on here from time to time. My opinion is take advantage of the high sensitivity of your Klipsch speakers and save some money to spend elsewhere on your HT.

FWIW, I have the A52 and A23. At 125 WPC, they are way overkill as it is for my Belles, La Scala , Heresey and Forte. I don't know much about your models. The sound is very nice from these amps. I have used Harman Kardon previously and these amps are superior.

John, I also responded on the Parasound Club. But just to reiterate, I have your exact setup. C2, RF-7's and A51 and A21. They pump 250 watts per. The RF-7's take 250 watts of continuous pumping in. A perfect numerical fit. Sounds pretty good too. A52 would well suit your needs, I have no doubt, but why not give your serious babies some serious juice?

Just use the 1205a,bright?Its just gonna amp your pre/pro,thats where any "bright" would be.I don't know how it would be possible for the 7's to use even 140 watts.My 7's sound like they would explode with the power of the 1205a,I've never even come close to using its reserves.