HELP!!!!!!!

vandec54

Hello Gentlemen,

Background:

I have a KSW-12. I recently moved and hooked my sub up the same way i had it at my old place. At my old place when I used to listen to cable, dvd's, and cd's I had my sub set to AUTO. whenever the sub received a signal the green light would turn on and the sub would work. Like it was supposed to.

Problem:

Now when I set my sub to auto, it doesn't "kick in", the red light stays on. I have to switch it to "on" and it works just fine.

Question:

What do I have hooked up wrong or what do I have to do to get it to kick in when it is set to "auto"?

Thank you for your time and response.

As the term recieve the signal.......... it means that the sound track gives some signal to the sub. It's not turning it on as you turn the reciever unit on with sub's existed like DD 5.1 or DTS. They must throw some signals to the sub in order to let it on.

The easier way is keeping the sub on as you turn the system on. As in some dramas they don't need sub and the music enhancement needs a second or two bass signal, it'll be really annoying for let it on and off or missed some sound.

This is my personal experience..I have two subs one sunfire

and one klipsch. Both are set to auto. The sunfire turns on

almost instantly when the reciever is switched to a source.

The klipsch will turn on only when there is a strong bass

signal(like the DD or DTS promo at the beginning of a movie.

To make a long story short..Klipsch subs require a strong

bass to auto turn on.

vandec54, when you moved, all the settings in the receiver were reset. Try setting the subwoofer volume higher in the receiver, and turn down the gain on the amplifier. You can also use a y-connector and send the signal to both the left and right inputs on the powered sub.

The preamp section combines the left and right to make a mono signal ( summed ). What this means that if you have .5 volts in the rca cable, then splitting it with a common y adapter, and connecting to both the left and right (red and white) rca jacks will add .5 + .5 volts. The net result is 1 volt. In effect, you are doubling the voltage to the subwoofer, and this allows you to turn down the gain on the sub, and will make the subwoofer wake up faster.