FS: Scott 299B with case (NOSVALVES) rebuild

texas42

This was completely reworked by Craig about 4-5 months ago and sounds great with Heritage speakers (and others I'd imagine). It comes with a new oak case (cover) and is truly 'plug and play'. Nothing else needs to be done with it. Can provide pics for those interested. $600 firm, plus shipping (I have about $700 in it). Will double box and pack it well. Email if interested...

Mea Culpa....

Well, I ended up buying two tube integrateds at the same time (299B and Cayin TA-30)with the intent on only keeping one. I have vacillated (daily almost) between the two on which one to keep and for a while thought of just keeping both. I really don't need both however and not sure I am getting full use out of either. I assume the Scott would be the easier of the two to sell as more have experience with it...

----------------

On 3/26/2004 12:26:59 AM Piranha wrote:

Come on, fess up. Which one sounds better?

Well, the Cayin a bit more extended and accurate, the Scott is warmer and more 'tubelike'. Which one is preferable is still hard to say. It is dependent on what kind of music I am listening to. That's all I'm gonna say without my lawyer present...9.gif