FS NOSValves Scott 272, Scott 233

Guest Anonymous

Yup no ear bleeding with NOS Valves Mark III's or my VRD at any volume from 65dB to the max SLP output of the speakers which by the way on a Cornwall is 112db I think ??? anyone know for sure ? Its not in the currect specs on the klipsch Cornwall page.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan,

Actually me either for any extented period. I turn them up that loud for testing but almost never listen above 95dB when really listening ! But trust me Old Smilin had me running for the door a number of times at his place with his SS 150 watt BK turned up to 100% playing through 5 cornwalls and a monster sub !! The guy is insane and deaf 2.gif

Craig

----------------

On 3/25/2004 3:26:01 PM NOSValves wrote:

...which by the way on a Cornwall is 112db I think ??? anyone know for sure ? Its not in the currect specs on the klipsch Cornwall page.

----------------

If you take the value of 98db/m up to the max wattage of 100 you should be able to hit 117db peaks three feet away from one speaker. Add or subtract from that for additional speakers, distances, and the bump from the room and he might be able to hit 120db in room.

----------------

On 3/25/2004 2:58:36 PM garymd wrote:

I figure 100dbs = wife yelling from upstairs. 115dbs = wife screaming from upstairs. 120dbs = records flying out the back door.

----------------

Gary,

If your wife doesn't yell before 100dB you are a lucky dude!

----------------

On 3/25/2004 3:20:49 PM NOSValves wrote:

----------------

On 3/25/2004 1:50:19 PM smilin wrote:

Craig, you could be right, but I( will not be able to say until I play
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/12.gif"> tube rolling included
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif"> heh heh heh

BTW I am sure this is not my last stop on my journey to sonic bliss
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/11.gif"> ya know!!!
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/16.gif"> ----------------

You will be wasting yout time and $ tube rolling. Tubes will not cure a defect in the circuit no way no how !!

----------------

Craig,

I know you have good intentions, but it's the learning process that makes this all the fun, in a addition to gaining FIRST HAND knowledge of what affects what.

Again, I have a very large basement, you should have seen the look of disbelief in Steves face when I showed him the meter reading 107db's. The room doesn't get loaded to the point of incoherency, the sound is not bouncing back at you off the walls. Almost giving the open outdoor affect if you will.

Tom

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 3/25/2004 2:15:57 PM 3dzapper wrote:

smilin,

Get those Khorns man! You'll be able to get to 110Db with an 8 watt 300b SET amp! It's those cheesy Cornwalls you have. I'll give you fifty a pair for them so you'll have a start toward your Khorns.
2.gif

I know, my generousity is exceeded only be my good looks.
9.gif

Rick

----------------

Khorns are down the road when I build my next house, 2 years away...for now I will just have to SUFFER with the cornwalls15.gif heh heh heh

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 3/25/2004 2:16:57 PM Frzninvt wrote:

Steve you would love my living room then, I have easily registered over 120db at the listening position without even pushing the system to its maximum potential. I use solid state amplification though, but believe me it is LOUD and CLEAN no distortion or break up at those levels! But what else would you expect from 7 Heritage speakers two 15" subwoofers and 2,650 watts of power!
9.gif16.gif

----------------

FRZ I would love to rock out with you man, BTW I do have the B&K 507 which has 150 clean watts driving all 5 corns, the spl is HIGH9.gif OH yeah, I also have the SVS B4-plus with the Crown K2 pushing another 2400 clean watts, we could have a STEREO WAR11.gif so my power is not bad either with SS, hhhmmmm 7 x 150=1050 + 2400=3450 watts of SS. Now I would just like to be able to hear the corns with tubes at high spl for s*** & giggles if ya know what i mean.12.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 3/25/2004 3:50:31 PM Allan Songer wrote:

I really can't understand why ANYONE would want to listen to ANYTHING at 107+ db.

----------------

For the LIVE experience, certainly not all the time, my basic level is 90-95 spl...2.gif But quite often when listening to a recording, there is at least 1 song I want to FEEL thru my bones, I would like to have the power to do just that...clean,..undistorted...wonderfully....LIVE atmosphere.11.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 3/25/2004 4:04:51 PM Allan Songer wrote:

Which came first--the insanity or the deafness?

----------------

Insanity....compulsion....addiction3.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 3/25/2004 4:00:55 PM NOSValves wrote:

Alan,

Actually me either for any extented period. I turn them up that loud for testing but almost never listen above 95dB when really listening ! But trust me Old Smilin had me running for the door a number of times at his place with his SS 150 watt BK turned up to 100% playing through 5 cornwalls and a monster sub !! The guy is insane and deaf
2.gif

Craig

----------------

I am NOT DEAF you SOB12.gif

Guest Anonymous

Craig,

I know you have good intentions, but it's the learning process that makes this all the fun, in a addition to gaining FIRST HAND knowledge of what affects what.

Again, I have a very large basement, you should have seen the look of disbelief in Steves face when I showed him the meter reading 107db's. The room doesn't get loaded to the point of incoherency, the sound is not bouncing back at you off the walls. Almost giving the open outdoor affect if you will.

Tom

----------------

Tom, well said buddy...Craig likes to see himself talk2.gif heh heh heh10.gif

----------------

On 3/25/2004 5:05:46 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 3/25/2004 3:50:31 PM Allan Songer wrote:

I really can't understand why ANYONE would want to listen to ANYTHING at 107+ db.

----------------

For the LIVE experience, certainly not all the time, my basic level is 90-95 spl...
2.gif
But quite often when listening to a recording, there is at least 1 song I want to FEEL thru my bones, I would like to have the power to do just that...clean,..undistorted...wonderfully....LIVE atmosphere.
11.gif

----------------

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i LOVE that live concert EXPERIENCE! and when stuff blows up in a movie,IT BLOWS UP!!

avman(huh?what?)3.gif2.gif9.gif

----------------

On 3/25/2004 2:58:36 PM garymd wrote:

I don't measure my volume with any gadgets. I figure 100dbs = wife yelling from upstairs. 115dbs = wife screaming from upstairs. 120dbs = records flying out the back door.

----------------

gary-

ROFLMAO!!!9.gif9.gif

Guest Anonymous

]

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i LOVE that live concert EXPERIENCE! and when stuff blows up in a movie,IT BLOWS UP!!

avman(huh?what?)3.gif2.gif9.gif

----------------

Avman, ya just gotta love the live EXPERIENCE...the air that flows thru my body watching a movie is just incredible, and wonderful9.gif11.gif

Guest Anonymous

At least when I talk it actually means something "<ahttp://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif"> heh heh heh "<ahttp://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/10.gif">

----------------

Well if the foo sh**s, where it my friend, only manna from your shana punum12.gif