Decorator Corwall

richieb

Should be the same woofer K33, it would only look different if it's an early Eminence with the square magnet or a very early Jensen P15LL silver basket. The 'bigger' woofer would be the K43, which is used in the Industrial LaScala with 3" voice coil for 200 watt power handling capability. I suppose it's possible someone ordered an 'industrial Cornwall', why not, they built everything else but the kitchen sink.

no wait, here it is Kitchen Sink Heresy- available in porcelain white...LOL

Michael

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 4/4/2005 11:04:16 AM cyclonecj wrote:

From what I read in the threads, the trim & grill was an option that slowly became standard after the Heresy moved to that. So your CDBR is right, flush motorboard with no grill option.

The part I noticed in them is the woofer. The CDBR has the larger voice coil. Have these been replaced? In 1978 I thought it should have the 3 bolt magnet with the small coil, like your CBR.

----------------

Cyclonecj,

All my Cornwalls have the same black grills with velcro attachments. I'll try to get some better pictures today.

The CBR (on the left) has the original woofer, with a small dust cap. The CDBR's original woofer has been replaced with a K-33 that has a bigger dustcap.....I hope that's the only difference. Did they ever make a K-33 with a bigger voice coil? Someone please let me know because the woofer in the other decorator has a small dustcap.

The part of CDBRbuilder's post that confuses me is where ha says something about people adding their own trim strips to the decorator Cornwalls. He seems to imply that the trim wasn't done at the factory....at least that's what I got out of it. And as far as I know, if a Cornwall doesn't have the flush motorboard with two port holes, then it ain't no decorator.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...