What year?

dlb945

Does anyone have an idea on the year my pair of Klipschorns were manufactured. Picture of Left Horn cabinet label is attached. It appears that the serial numbers are:

Left ... 135168 ... or 13 S168

Right .. 135169 ... or 13 S169

Thanks >>>Dan

post-14940-13819253693874_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all! Great forum. It must have been a vintage year.

I happened to have both K=horns out from the corners as I replaced the Type AA Crossovers with an ALK Engineering Type A design. As I took pictures of the installed crossovers (see attachment), I decided to snap a picture of the label to see if someone knew the What Year answer.

This evening, I'm driving the horns with favorite components: slightly updated Marantz (SS) 7T Preamp, Conrad Johnson (Tube) MV75A1 Amplifier, Harmon Kardon T65C Turntable with Orotofon OM-30 Cartridge, Sony ES CD Player, and some dusty old vinyl. Nice change to the sonic character of the system with deeper sound stage and smaller-locked instrument and voice locations. Highly recommend the crossover design.

>>>Dan

post-14940-13819253695654_thumb.jpg

Dan, the ALKs really turn the Khorns into benign impedance kitty cats. You tube amp will be quite happy with this mod. Head over to two channel land to research false corners, tho you were given some good tips on AA as well. Get ready to enjoy your Ks for the rest of your life!1.gif