Next Digital Decoder

emichon

• 4 weeks later...

Amy, just make sure the DAC in the decoder doesnt suck and the circuitry doesnt suck too, in other words, make it sound better than an Audigy2. Then we'd be willing to fork over the bucks.

It's probably hard for you guys to offer something that you can bank on that the DDTS-100 already doesnt (features wise).

I am in need of a digital decoder right now, so I can use my ProMedia 5.1s with my new Yamaha receiver. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find one? I've checked ebay and they seem a little shifty. If not a Klipsch DD, what about other manufacturers? Please help. Thanks in advance!

Creative DDTS-100

a 'suitable' replacement in the meantime.

i thought it was alright, but with analog inputs like cable tv and stuff, the upmix just doesn't really cut it. i never heard the klipsch version however, but creative is just alright.

• 3 months later...

What about the old v2-400? Does the DD-5.1 work well with that? Does it support the v2-400's all-in-one input jack (i.e. the v2-400 doesn't have separate jacks for the sub and each satellite, but rather one jack coming from the sub/sat to the decoder). Can you use the low-frequency sound distribution function of the DD-5.1 to vary the amount of low-frequency sound between the sub and sats?

• 2 weeks later...

You can still get hold of these babies in Norway:

Olav Flugsrud

It will cost you over twice the american price even before you pay for re-importation, but still might be worth it??? Im looking at the possibilities for mods to make it sound more like what I paid for it(upping the quality of the analog chips, replacing the crappy power supply etc....any tips and tricks?)

Otherwise good luck with the quest

• 3 weeks later...

I'm eagerly awaiting a DD5.1 replacement. I bought a DDTS-100 in the meantime, but it's only a stopgap... I'll be offloading that onto a friend, or maybe onto my TV (my PC gets the good stuff ;-) once I can replace it with a Klipsch product. Any price under $200 and I'll be preordering it on Klipsch's reputation. Over 200, and I'll see if the reviews give it the thumbs up first.

Myrddin