Olaw 750 or multi MC250's

White01L

Deciding what to replace my current HT receiver with ... Not going to get a chance to A/B this setup so if anyone has I would appreciate your input.

Would also be needing to get pre/pro and likely leaning towards Olaw 950.

WAF would probably prefer Olaw 1050 but I can take the heat.

I've been using an Outlaw 750 Amp and NAD T 761 Receiver for three years. Both have been very reliable and a satisfying combo for me. There have been some hear who haven't fared as well with NAD products, but I have been fortunate in that respect.

Have never had any problems or performance issues with the Outlaw 750, and it works exceptionally well with the various Klipsch speakers its powered.

If I were buying today, an Outlaw amp and their 950 Preamp/Processor would be high on my list.

Best of luck.

Just tell your wife youll have to get a 950 since the 1050 is discontinued 2.gif unless you are looking for a used one. I get their newsletter. I like them and some of our forum members, like ShapeShifter, swear by them. Go to the outlaw audio.com site and look up the 950. Click on the Heist of the century flashing just below the picture of the processor. It will take you where they are offering B stock combo packages with 3 different amplifiers. Good Luck.

The Outlaw 750 is a very good value in SS amplification, and is a much simpler and smaller solution to the amplification issue than 3 MC250's would be. I have the 750, and find it to be quite adequate for the purpose.

I also have 2 MC250s, and have placed one of these in the main L+R channels of the HT - with the Outlaw driving the others. The Mac shreds the Outlaw - especially with the Cornwalls.....and the Mac is rated at less than half the power. Much smoother, more punchy, and more musical. If one were recommending SS amplification for Heritage klipsch, it's hard to find a better match (IMO) than the McIntosh....and the 250s represent an especially good value.

Regarding the 950, I have read multiple opinions regarding this unit with various Klipsch products - some find it a bit edgy and a bit "sterile", especially on 2 channel music material........yet others find that detail to be OK. As a home theater pre/pro, I hear less complaints. The big issue (as with some other processors) is the 2 channel performance, which seems to get mixed reviews. I have not heard the unit, so YMMV.

Thanks for the information. I will likely go the multiple MC250 route as I have one of those already and they seem to be going for about $300 each now, will be a little less $ than a olaw750. just need to pick up a couple more and then a pre/pro.