Heresy Placement

neo33

Tom -

I believe what you say is true. I have not seen anything that Harely has written on Horns, in fact it is completely absent from his book.

I also believe what you say that Horns image better than DRs when not toed-in or toed-in to a lesser extent. But I do believe firmly that Heresys wil benifit from being toed-in

"Anyway I'll certainly consider your experiences but Harley, man, citing Harley to a horn enthusiast is like citing Aquinas to a Baptist. "

Too funny!

When I had to set up my JBL 4311s for nearfield monitoring and in a horizontal position, I used to place them with the tweeters out. I always thought they would give me a better feel for the mix and sound placement. THis is also what I did with my Alesis Monitor Ones, a smaller two way with a silk dome tweeter. Then our school got a newer pair of the Monitor Ones, self powered model. THeir literature says to place the tweeters to the inside for better imaging.

BTW, my Heresies sit on an oriental rug that is on top of carpet. The symmetry, due to furniture in the room, is awful. The speakers, however, sound great.

Marvel