Just got my Klispch Forte's today.Yippee!!!

robertl

I'm fairly new to this board. Thanks to help from the nice folks here on speaker choices for my Fisher 500C tube receiver,I was told to look for the Forte's.

I found a never used,new in the box walnut Forte' 1's. I got them today and they are perfect and sound great!! One speaker was never even been opened,the plastic bag was still sealed that covers the speaker. They were kept in the previous owners closet since 1988 in hopes of being used some day.

Just had to share. Now I can get rid of my pawn shop Pioneer HPM 100's,which are in super excellent shape.

Cheers,

Robert

Welcome to the Forte club. The deal you got comes along rarely: mint unused Fortes for half the retail price. I bought mine new in 1988, at around $1000/pr., after my home was burglarized and my aging entry-level stereo system stolen. The insurance money set me on the Klipsch path, and I have never looked at any other speakers. I also got a great deal myself last year, when I bought two Forte IIs in great condition off Ebay for $398; I couldn't believe no on else bid any more. They were part of a recently-deceased audio engineers' estate. I met the seller in person, so no shipping cost either. Your deal came out of someone's messy divorce situation, right? Well, I guess out of death and/or tragedy comes life; life goes on, etc. etc. I still recall a great turn of phrase by the salesman from whom I bought the original Fortes. We were talking about different speakers, and he said something to the effect "Well, you can get good speakers for less than the Forte, but if you want to spend $1000, that's a big box o'fun." Indeed they have been big boxes o'fun for many years, and I am sure many years to come.

The Forte is a horrible speaker. You would've been much better off with a Heresey for much cheaper or even a speaker from the KG series. Haha, I'm just kidding. My Fortes sound absoloutely fantastic. Great find you got, new in box. My pair is a little rough...

If a guy waits long enough and treats others fair good things will happen. I just got a pair of mint Forte II's about a month ago and absolutely love them. Had read here that they sounded great on tubes and got a Cayin TA 30, they sound even better. Good luck with them.