RSW-15 Volume?

RaiderNation!

I set up contains of a pair of Rf-7s and the Rsw-15 in a 2.1 setup, My rf-7s are set to small on my preamp, so my question is At what volume do people have their RSW- 15?

I just cant seem to get a clean sound At times with some recordings theirs not much bass when i have it at about 11:00.Then at times to much at 12:30.

My preamp sub volume is neutral at zero.

my sub is also in the corner of the room

Do you mean you can't get clean sound or you can't get a consistent bass level? Your comments imply the latter.

If you can't get a consistent bass level with some recordings but you can on others, then that's sometimes the nature of the beast. Are you downloading some of these recordings? Are they from different sources? How old are these pieces? All of these and more can affect the quality and/or sound characteristics. Every one of my CD's and DVD's require a different setting to make them conform to my liking. Sorry if this sounds disappointing but that's the way it sometimes goes.

Now if you've got music that you KNOW should sound different than it does with your setup, then that's another story. Please let me know if this is the case.5.gif

I have the same speakers you do. I set my RSW-15 to 12:00 with my mains set to small and it sounds fine. My reciver is between -10 and -20 for my sub setting depending on the source. What I would suggest for you is to get a disk with a low frequecy test on it and a decent SPL meter. I use a Radio Shack digtial SPL meter as an example. I also got my test cd at Stryke.com which you can test from 10hz to past 20,000 hz. My SPL meter was about 40 and my cd I think was 15. Use these 2 types of items to help balace out your sub and mains. Some people even use an EQ to help balance out their sub in the room. Anyway, I hope this helps. Good luck with your set up.

CD

"I just want to have my sub volume which is located on the side of the sub to be in one place and wantd to know where do people have theirs at?"

everyone is going to have it set at a different place that depends upon so many different factors. everyone's room is a different size, their speakers are at different distances from their listening spot, etc.. not to mention that everyone's components are completely different. where everyone else sets theirs is irrelevant to your particular situation.

Get SPL meter.....and do some testing to get the level set correctly with test tones.....

it will do a few things....get the reference level adjusted correctly and then set the crossover points..

Also do take into consideration SUb location will make the bass seem awesome in one spot but horrid in another...

I think AVIA test disk...(or someone)...says...hook up sub and put it where you normally sit....then play some test tones for the sub...and walk around room to find where the bass sounds the best.....this tends to be the best location for the sub....

----------------

On 4/12/2004 4:14:08 PM sivadselim wrote:

"I just want to have my sub volume which is located on the side of the sub to be in one place and wantd to know where do people have theirs at?"

everyone is going to have it set at a different place that depends upon so many different factors. that's a pretty silly question. everyone's room is a different size, their speakers are at different distances from their listening spot, etc.. not to mention that everyone's components are completely different.

----------------

sivadselim,

I agree with you entire post, except the comment regarding the question he asked as being silly. If you check his profile, he's a bit younger than most of us on this forum and most likely is just getting started in this hobby. Why not just give him the information without being critical? 12.gif

David

----------------

On 4/13/2004 3:52:22 PM dkp wrote:

sivadselim,

I agree with you entire post, except the comment regarding the question he asked as being silly. If you check his profile, he's a bit younger than most of us on this forum and most likely is just getting started in this hobby. Why not just give him the information without being critical?

David

----------------

yes, i wholeheartedly agree. upon re-read, it is rather harsh. i have edited my post.

raidernation!, please forgive me. sometimes things don't come out as intended.