Opinions please

vision

Hello, being how this is my first post, I will try not to sound to stupid. First I'm going to buy the RC-7 and the RS-7's, my problem is the front main speakers, should I get 2 RF-7's or 4 KLF-20's, I can get either for the same price. Will the KLF's match up good with the Ref Center and Surrounds. Or should I get 4 RF-3's and save about 500 dollars. Right now I have the quintets with a KSW-12 and a set of blose accoustamass pile of junk. I have a yammy RX-1000. I love watching dvds and I love listening to all kinds of music, the louder the better, but clarity is a big issue also. Sorry for all the dumb questions. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time. RobSmile.gif

Ah, the noble experiment of giving "vision" ears. Four KLF 20's sound mighty good (and five or six even better). Sadly, San Francisco seems to be too much of a backward town to have any of the new Ref series in a local purveyor's sound room... so, sorry Rob, I cannot make an ear-honest assessment of your proposed buys. I had intended to upgrade my Klipsch array to the Reference series if they passed my own ear test... but I guess I will have to play in some other sandbox. Just got to watch out for the kitty...cwm34.gif

BobG seems to think the RC7 is the key to eternal good times... and matches better with nearly any Klipsch offering past or present. And I believe that the center speaker is the key to any great HT rig.

Save a little room in your budget for some front effects speakers mounted high and wide for a background sound stage... it will make either choice sound like a spacious winner! cwm32.gif HornEd

------------------

"A Klipsch Powered HT Where Legends Live!"

Front Sound Stage:

KLF C7 Center, KLF 30 Mains, KLF 10 Front Effects

Background Sound Stage:

KLF 30 L&R Side/Surrounds, KLF 30 L&R Rear Effects

Large Mouth Bass:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra / Samson 1000 Subwoofer

Speaker Support Systems:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

and such... Tweakin' On!

Cornwall II Music Room Under Construction

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-06-2001 at 08:31 AM

Ohhh thats a tuffy! My dealor just got the RF7's in...& in a nutshell, I was impressed. The clarity is better, the base was tighter. They can play loud too. Used the Yammy RXV1 and cranked them to -30db (didn't want to disturb the other shoppers) with some Doors-LA Woman. This CD will reveal that horn "harshness" & they did better than the 20's (couple of times they bit a little, but hey, this is psychodelic rock). Played some Supertramp-Crime of the Century, just to hear some pianos, horns, harmonicas & vocals...very, very, very clear! Will need a sub though IMHO. Some of these song have some impressive low base that wasn't emphasized enough, IMHO.

With you getting the rest of the RS package I would reccomend the RF7's. They play LOUD, can't immagine needing 4 KLF20's when you have the others. And the match would be perfect, and don't forget the choice of finishes--all would match there also.

Anyway go listen for yourself with your favorite CD's & let us know what you think!

Hi vision,

loud and clarity. That is what you find with the RF-3's. But I don't know what 500 dollars will do. I still have to listen to the RF-5 and RF-7. My local dealer will get them in about 2 weaks from now. Are they better?? Just listen ...

------------------

-------------------------

Receiver: Onkyo 676

DVD: Pioneer DV-525

Screen: Thomson 46" RetroProjection

Front: RF-3's

Rear: RF-3's

Center: RC-3

As I have heard others say on this forum before.

Spend the most you can on the best system you can.

In a couple years the money saved would have been forgotten, but the thought of owning those better speakers will always be there.

2 RF-7's 2 RF 3's instead of the Surrounds

just my 2 cents

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

My opinion would be the one typically given to me since I joined. Listen to them. See which sounds better to you, regardless of the price. Personally, I'm a fan of the RF3s. I heard the RF7s today, and I'd save the money. The RF3s are good speakers; if you bought them you'd have the extra cash- probably enought to buy another decent set of speakers on ebay or something.