To upgrade or not?????? RF15 to RF25

aaabbas

I recently purchased the following:

Yammy 2400

Klipsch RF15 Front

Klipsch RS25 Surround

Klipsch RC25 Center

And...Klipsch RW-12 SUB

I'm thinking of upgrading the RF15 to RF25 to get a more fuller sound (for music), possibly better mids, etc.. I've attached my room diagram for reference. I'm looking for opinions on if the upgrade to the 25 really would make a big difference in sound.

Thanks in advance.

-Andy

post-14855-13819254010434_thumb.jpg

OK you have a room set up that is a tough one to work with, but first I would set up some soundstage symmetry. By that I mean to space your front sound stage in such a way that your listening position is centered between the L and R mains. Then place the center either directly under or over the TV. Put your surrounds to the side of your listening position if you can or if not put them behind it but spaced apart to line them up with your main L/R. Another option is, if possible could you orient your room to put your sofa in front of the half wall to the kitchen opening and maybe your chair off to the side (?!?!?!?!?!) move the surrounds to the side of the sofa, and place your TV, Mains across the wall where the sofa is now? It obviously your room and you set it up to your requirements but your soundstage in your current set up is way off center. After that then evaluate to see if you want to upgrade to RF 25/35 You may also want to consider putting you RF 15s in the rear as surrounds and upgrading to the afore mentioned RB-25/35s for mains to get better multi-channel music. After that room treatments would be a good idea. But hey its your gig this is just my recommendation.

I agree with J.4 on moving the sofa & putting the Mits/mains/center on the current sofa wall + putting the RW-12 on the angled wall. If you also consider puting the 15s as surrounds ... I'd say sell/return/upgrade the RSs to RF7s for mains if you can afford to. One important point u failed to say ... R U married? If so, without positive WAF all our suggestions are just like pissin' into the wind!

peace, mitch

PS ..., good call on the Yammi, ....

With WAF i would just upgrade the rf15 to rf25 and have 25 series all the way around. Goood luck with the wife i know all about that. Good thing i had most of my stuff b efore she married me so now she just has toput up with the little changes all the time. 11.gif

Well, I took the plunge.....I got RF35 speakers. I looked at the price difference between the 25 and 35 and found that there really isn't that much of a difference. Now I'm wondering if I need to upgrade the center and surrounds from a 25 to 35??????

Am I trying to be too perfect.....or do most of you make changes like these? I've replaced my sub three times, surround from synergy to RF25 and cables!

Thanks,

-Andy

I would set it up and see how you like it. You are the one who needs to be satisfied with what you've got. If you like your sound your good to go. You will get the best timbre match by going with the 35's over the 25's but can you detect the difference is the question I would ask myself. I am not sure of what the diffence in specs is but as I said I would go with the old how does it sound test. You can always upgrade later. Set up your system and enjoy it for a while, unless you have a limited time to get full value for your return.