custom heresy II center channel

Yep,

Nothing like diving into a true custom 3 way center to match the heritage line. Mine happens to be a hybrid design using components from three different klipsch lines. The 10" woofers are out of a RF7, the mid horn is out of a KLF30, and the tweeter is a EV T35 (aka K77).

One thing to keep in mind is the motorboard. It is really important to make sure all of your drivers are flush. If you don't have the expertise to rabbit them properly have a cabinet shop do it for you. My motorboard was done by a local shop for me because of the unusual shape of the KV1089 woofers. If it would have just been round I could have done it myself using my jasper jig.

What ever you do you can always ask for help from all of the good folks on this board.

check out my home theater page for a view of the center

Good Luck!

Scooter

Not directly , a bunch of stuff on 'bucking magnets' though, sounds very involved..might try it!

I've even seen some posts about guys setting the tv DIRECTLY on top of Heresys and La Scalas with no em probs...not sure i want to test this with my tv!

I suppose any other fix would involve insane amounts of metal...

damonrpayne,

You really should have took my advice and bid on those! They are commercial/professional Klipsch speakers. I am 99.9% certain they would have been a very good choice for making a heresy center, and for only $80 they were a steal. The horn lens used on them is the same lens as the K76K used in the Heresy II so at a minimum you would have had that too then you'd only needed a new magnet to attach to the horn -- or maybe not depending which on it uses (which I don't recall off the top of my head). I'm sorry I didn't get back with you earlier...I was out of town attending a wedding.