New to forum & wow :)

Coytee

i would suggest-subwise-listening to a klipsch RSW-15(make sure the room you listen to it in is BIG enough),and if you can audition one,or don't mind the 30day satisfaction policy the larger SVS subs.

i have been THOROUGHLY pleased w/my RSW-15,and couldn't use any more bass than it provides.it is also very 'fast' for being so deep.

welcome to the forum.1.gif

avman.

This place is addictive... Since I've been following it:

New HT amp

2 new antique mono tube amps

new HT preamp

New RF7s

All in 1.5 years.

But I've given away the old stuff. Sold a Yamaha receiver and Infinity speakers. Also, I dug out my first tuner (a scott) that I've had since 8th grade and am using it again - almost tossed it years ago (unfortunately I did toss the matching integrated). Hell, I'm thinking about getting out my old Nak 582....But I've tossed my cassettes so I wouldn't know what to do with it. Anyway, I'de love to see those EV Ds! Please!

Welcome aboard. This place is addictive, I surf it daily the info here awesome. As far a becoming a purchase addict I can see it happening but I have not been bitten too bad but I am very focused what I want and what I can pay. You will most certainly E-bay if you dont already. The people here are pretty good people, occasionally a bit opinionated but that is what makes it interesting. One thing you can count on is that somewhere on this forum you can get the answer to just about any audioholic query you pose. It has become my favorite site; my wife thinks I need 12-step and support group. Anyway just wanted to say hi and welcome.

I'd be happy to post a pic...if you dont mind 2 things...

1. Being patient for me to get pic & film developed

2. Me being a dufas on how to upload pic

3. (Ok, I lied about 2 things) me possibly being able to figure out why my scanner isn't working, cause I COULD just scan in the fancy brochure on them that I've had since 1978 !!! (true)

Well, I moved an old antique bed that my grandfather used back in 1907 (was an antique THEN). It's laying on it's side to keep our dogs away from my EV's until we can finish that room.

Boy, are they dirty. You all will disown me before you even get to find out about my buying all of you a pair of K-horns cause I'm such a swelllllllllllll kinda guy. Oh well.

Film to be developed tomorrow if possible and I'll try to figure out how to get my scanner working to scan in the document I have on them too...it's a much nicer picture.

Regards

Welcome, this place is addictive, since being here I have only changed my CD player, amplifiers loudspeakers and cables, but then I am still in 2-channel mode, if my listening room and four walls, NOT three, I would be in 6-channle mode with classic Klipsch corner Khorns and LaScalas (wonderful mid-range)

but I would also be adding the deep SVS tubes, the LaScalas, like all bookshelf: speakers with similar frequency response, need a sub-woofer, the ultra-sensitivity of the big ole horns means that you must get a powerful sub to match them, like the new Ultras, the RSW series, or maybe you can hide some JBL bass-bins (do a search) behind the couch.

Pics are getting developed, but got my scanner working after 2 1/2 hours on phone with a worthless guy from HP.

I digress...

I'm goign to attach a scan of the brochure of my EV's. I think it's 4 scans.

Don't know if the text will be readable, as I've never done this and am "winging" it.

9.gif

post-15072-1381925406261_thumb.jpg

Pics are getting developed, but got my scanner working after 2 1/2 hours on phone with a worthless guy from HP.

I digress...

I'm goign to attach a scan of the brochure of my EV's. I think it's 4 scans.

Don't know if the text will be readable, as I've never done this and am "winging" it.

9.gif

post-15072-1381925406521_thumb.jpg

you're welcome.

In the off chance they don't print out very clear, let me know & I'll either fax a copy to you or will mail a copy to you. They looked a LOT cleaner on the initial scan then when I looked at them loaded up. Don't know how they'd print out.

Regards

PS...I DO in hindsight, wish I'd known at the time about the Patricians/Georgians... I'd never heard of them back in 78 and Al Gore hadn't yet invented the internet to have made my search easier. 11.gif

They printed fine. Thanks. I just saved them to my hard drive first. What a great detailed brochure, much better than today's glossies...

Regarding internet, my uncle has it, but its thru web tv, opening any attachments is a 50/50 risk of a meltdown! Al Gore hasn't addressed that yet!

I noticed your surprise at how the value of Academy speakers has exceeded the original cost for them so much in the used market lately. The reason is that the Academy is "voiced" so similarly to the old Heritage speakers, combined with the fact that the Academy was only in production for such a short time. IOW, the volume of them produced is far lower than the volume of speakers they are voiced similarly to...which drives the value on them up as people find a need for a similarly-voiced companion to the old Heritage speakers. No telling how well they would sell, but if Klipsch could see enough need to re-issue the academy, it might just be a profitable commodity for them again! Certainly, the fact that they are commanding such high prices in the used market today might just get the company's attention enough to check on a feasibility study for a possible re-issue of them. Who knows?