any ideas?

ez8947

I listen to rock-Black Crowes, Blind Melon, Local H, Jim Croce, CCR Jazz-Bob James, Miles Davis, Kenny G, Vince Guaraldi, Folky type-James Taylor, Mamas and the Papas, Peter Paul and Mary. What are some CD s that would sound good with KLF 20 's?

Welcome. This is a good place to hang out. The possibilities of course are endless. In rock as well as other areas I would be looking for recordings from the last 10 years or so. I love the old music, I was at Woodstock after all, but Klipsch's really shine on the newer stuff where their clarity and dynamics really lend a presence to the music.

You need some names though so here's a few. Sade and Al Dimeola for jazz, of course, John Prine country/rock,folk, Marvin Gay or the latest Temptations for soul, Marley or Toots, Saatana, Segovia, Willie and Lobo, Concrete Blonde, Colin Hay (lead singer of Men at Work), Al Jurreau, Van Morrison etc. etc. etc.

Then there's the blues. Try Keb 'Mo or Doug MacLead for a more laid back presentation, or Buddy Guy, BB King for more uptempto. Again the list goes on and on, but if you got the Klipsch you got to got the blues.

You mention The Mamas and the Papas.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000002O2K/qid%3D1082508335/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-8631085-2167947

If you like them, this is the CD to get. This was remastered by Steve Hoffman many years ago, and he totally changed the tone, but for the better. They sound vastly better on this CD and only this CD than they ever did on their albums. Instead of the normal thin sound, it is rich. Hoffman EQ'd the original tapes so much that he couldn't get enough correction in one pass, so he ran it through another time.

The CD is out of print but there are lots of used ones on amazon and eBay.

Great stuff. I especially like the M&P's tip, I will own that soon enough, thanks Paul. Obviously with the Bob James and Vince Guaraldi I'm into the piano jams, plus I play. Any ideas there? I know of alot of good artists, but I'm looking for good recordings or remasters that also mate well with the KLF 20 s or klipsch technology (horns) in general.

Paulparrot's post reminded me, if anyone's a Miles Davis fan Sony remastered Kind of Blue. It seems when it was recorded the music was taped on two different machines. At the first session, which produced the first three songs that appeared on side one of the LP, one of the three track machines was running slightly slow. Just so happens the master takes used on the LP were pulled from the reels recorded on that machine. So the first three cuts always appeared in sharp pitch until the gold Mastersound edition of this album. The reissue was remixed on an all-tube-three-track machine, an old Presto kind of like the orginal recordings. It also has an alternate version of Flamenco Sketches. Just a thought.