Are these Cornwall II's Birch Raw? Need Fast Response

Frzninvt

Really????

I dunno, HDBR......I could have sworn the '89 Cornwall II's I used to have were MDF. I could be wrong about this, but when looking at the back of these, they had the look of MDF core, and non removable backs (no screws).....not like the birch core cabs offered earlier.

They were built similar in construction to my '88 Chorus, which I also thought were MDF core.

I was referring to the side, top, and bottom panels. Fronts and or backs may have been MDF. My understanding is that one of the reasons they stopped making them, in addition to low volume sales was the cost of the lumber-core veneered panels used...the length and narrowness of the side panels was not really conducive to being made from MDF...too long a span without interior bracing...which makes it more susceptible to side impact damage when using MDF panels. They may have made the last year or so of production outta MDF though...but when Heresys went totally to MDF, Cornwalls didn't...if they ever did it was the last year or so of production. Even when I worked there (76-83), Cornwalls were very low sales volume production. Sometimes we went for a month or two without having any orders for them at all, therefore none were built during those periods. You gotta remember that often there would be no more than six or seven pairs built for a run Cornwalls! Seldom was any run of more than 30 pairs built at one time! If I remember correctly, even during the fall rush period, I seldom spent more than two days building Cornwalls at a time! That is why they could use somebody like me to build them when they needed them...whenever I got way ahead on my birch Heresy production. Whenever that happened (quite often), I would either go rout out parts, rip glue blocks, assemble sub-assemblies for K-horns, slap a few LaScalas together, build MCM1900 cabinets, help get caught-up on mitered Heresys, or build Cornwalls, etc...whatever was most needed at the time.