Leviton Integration Systems

I was poking around their site this AM, looking at integrated phone, cable, video and audio distribution centers. They have a lot of accessories, boards, dimmers, switches, etc., so I just printed out the catalog (82 pages worth). However, when I tried to enter the numbers I wanted to look at in their somewhat non user-friendly search system, none of them would work. 7.gif Where do any of you recommend buying this or comparable products?

Champagne:

I bought my Leviton Structured Media Center at Home Depot about a year ago. I don't know if they still stock it or not. A good online place to try might be Worthington Distributors: http://www.worthdist.com/index1.htm My infrared repeating system is made by Niles and my automated X-10 lighting control system is from Lightolier, all of which I purchased through Worthington.

-Picky 2.gif

Yeah, I hear you, Leviton's website absolutely sucks. It's been that way for at least a year & a half that I know of.

Your best bet is a local lighting/electical contractor. Some of these guys also have large specialized lighting showrooms. Much more specialized things of the type you're talking about than Home Depot or Lowes.

One of the other things you might want to look into is Crestron Remote Control Systems. They have a whole bunch of various 'touch panel' & remote control integration systems.

http://www.redrosemusic.com/literature/stx-1550c.pdf

Nice looking units there, artto. I'm sure they'd be wonderful to have at some point, though right now all I am really looking for is a distribution/junction box to run lines into when they enter the house, then branch them out to the various rooms. Would like to have a net connection, phones, and cable/sat lines running to all the bedrooms, the office, living room, etc. Also looking into surge/lightning protection for the above, and for the power supply to the house in addition to protectors at the components themselves. I figure it would be a lot easier to run all the wires through the studs before the sheetrock goes up rather than after.

We have a dealer here in Chattanooga who does Crestron installations. They have VERY cool stuff, and the local dealer has a house/building with conf. rooms, living rooms, bath, two home theaters. to demo the products. And they are very laid back. They are selling to a high priced crowd and let the products do the talking.

They are finishing up the installation for a couple of classrooms that our college is wiring up. We are going with push button controls instead of the touch panels, mostly because of cost.

Marvel

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late to the party...but I'll second the suggestion for Worthington Distribution (www.worthdist.com). They have wholesale pricing on a bunch of stuff, including data routers and (if you live in the right part of the country) selected Denon gear.

I'm moving into a home that uses OnQ wiring systems. I don't know how good it is yet, but I do know Worthington carries it at about 60% of the price other places charge.

Doug