THX Ultra2

Tom Adams

I was quoted $10,500 at a store in Chicagoland that has the system. That was for 3 KL-650 Fronts, 2 KW-120 subs, KA 1000 Sub Amp, 2 KS-525 surrounds and 2 KL-525 for the rears. They only had the subs and fronts hooked up. They are waiting for mounts to hook up the surrounds, so I will not judge the entire package until its all up.

----------------

On 4/28/2004 4:13:22 PM Tom Adams wrote:

Has anyone here seen what the MSRP is for the Klipsch THX Ultra2 system?

Just curious.

Tom

----------------

Price will depend on how you configure the system. 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, and which mains, rears and center you use, plus how many subs you need. $10.5K is for three KL650THX mains, a pair of subs w/amp, a pair of KL525THX Monopoles, a pair of KS525THX dipoles. There are a lot of ways you can configure things and prices for a complete system can run anywere from about $6500 to about $19K for a 7.1 system with the biggest monopoles all around and 6 subs. 11.gif

What will work best will depend on your room size, your wallet size and your room layout. The system is astonishing! Ours has about 5 hours on it now and it keeps getting better.

Kevin

The Sound Broker

----------------

On 4/30/2004 11:15:48 PM Darren wrote:

"The system is astonishing! Ours has about 5 hours on it now and it keeps getting better. "

Anyone else wondering why someone has this system and only has 5 hours on it?
6.gif
I would have put 25 hours on it the first day
9.gif
----------------

Really. I know you are talking about the system in your store, but, do you turn it completely off when you aren't demoing it?

----------------

On 4/30/2004 11:43:42 PM toddvj wrote:
Really. I know you are talking about the system in your store, but, do you turn it completely off when you aren't demoing it?

----------------

Well, there ARE other systems that need to be demo'd and since we do a one system at a time demo, things get hooked and unhooked. Besides which...we also have a new PMC reference system in as well (MB-2's, IB-2C, TB-2's) and that monster system has to get playtime too 9.gif.

Kevin

The Sound Broker