OT- Farewell Bob Edwards . . .

Allan Songer

It seems like yesterday when Bob Edwards left "All Things Considered" to start a new NPR morning show. I was listening on day one and have listened almost every day since. Edwards is a great radio man--a gifted interviewer, very droll and full of humor and just about the best voice in morning radio history. I can't believe NPR sacked him only weeks before the 25th anniversary of his first "Morning Edition."

The LA Times says that Edwards was asked to work with a co-host and declined and was then shown the door. Stupid. The land of Public Broadcasting is so strange! Edwards' ratings are higher than they've ever been and he is BELOVED and still NPR fired him. Never would have happend in commercial radio.

Does seem weird that with the highest ratings, they would do that. I have a 45 minute commute on a not too traveled highway. I have come to like Edwards, and have now been listening to him for the past six years. Made the trip before, but didn't have a radio in my truck.

And a GREAT FM voice!