Home Theater seats

IndyKlipschFan

Myriadcorp...laying down..

Thats also the reason the 2 center seats are together without a divider. Add a pillow and your done. This is also why I picked this line already thought of that. (Tried it out at the store..LOL) If your legs are towards the front a little which is perfect assuming your "spooned" into the seat your back to the back it works.

Good point too. GMTA

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to L Fish.. No luck, they dropped Berkline. So probably back to Watson's this afternoon. It is cool, all of this is finally coming to reality.

I will keep you posted!

And thanks for the input from all of you. It gives me ideas.

What do most of you do with powered seats in the middle of the room? This is a basement floor.. Do you just have a cord on one side??? I would be worried about tripping.. Even if you put a small piece of carpet or rug over this area too? I am not so sure, and sure somehow bad code wise to have cords under the carpet pad...

That said, I suppose drill a line from where the seats are and over to a nearby wall with some kind of conduit too... in the drilled hole to the wall will suffice? Any suggestions?

Berkline Chairs model 094

Berkline Chairs model 094.jpg

Amazing chairs, thanks for the suggestions. I ordered 4 seats in Black Leather with power recline too. End of year sale at Watson's, delt with Mike Eikenberry. Good guy, gave me the best price in town. Nice to deal with a professional that also knows how to sell features and benefits. Now if I don't fall asleep because they are too nice to sit in. LOL.

The side arms have storage, and the burlwood shelfs were a really nice touch!

post-5910-1381925431541_thumb.jpg

Indy, I must say, you have a really "smokin'" wife!

As far as the wiring is concerned, I would bring an electrician in and he can cut a groove in the slab, run the power over to a floor box. You might as well have four outlets (at least) available near the seating for floor lighting, etc., should you need it later.

Just a thought.

Tom,

I am not sure anything ever pleases you?

Just for grins, tacky because?

The pic is from a brochure, not my wife, or basement. I agree the seating is not ideally positioned in the pic. I happen to think my wife is prettier too. Also the reason a "loveseat" in the middle was applied so we could cuddle too. Will all be black leather, very comfortable, and power recline too.

Everyone's entitled to his opinion. I like the chairs and I like the arrangement you've picked out for them, not that another opinion matters that much. I hope you enjoy them.

"Minivan Interior" is going to be the next decorating rage anyway, just you watch, and you'll have evidence on this site that you were there first. 2.gif

If you get the loveseat, don't bother with the 'one rocks/one can recline' option. The vinyl/leather will sqweak like Hell. Just witnessed one of these at daveagape2's place. Plus you can get your arm (or other appendage) caught in between the two- OUCH!)

Maybe your wife would have a buddy for me. I can cuddle too y'know! Bout time you guys set me up!

You've gotta check out the new Bell-O rack, RB5 rears and temp KLF-C7. System is happening.

Michael

POWERED recline, exactly how lazy have we become. Next we'll need electric-bottom-wipers! Indy, the safe way to get power to center of room would be to make a cut in your concrete floor. And you thought drywall dust was going to be a problem!

I wouldn't bother with the power feature or the 'butt-kickers' you've already got that handled. Spend your decor bucks on better fabrics (LFish, cmon) and tables, lighting, etc.

When is the inaugural movie scheduled for? Call if you need wiring help or ??

Michael

I hate butt kickers.. Maybe it is just me, but I like it to come from the screen not under my a$$. It just seems funny a voice or movement pulsates, not an explosion basically, and vibrates someones rear with a device built into the seat and they think this is cool?

Now an aprtment or condo where you can't turn it up?? Maybe this is the true answer to trick you into "feeling it." IMO, I don't care for them.

I too don't like the looks of the cup holders in the seats, but you have to admit that they are practical. If the cups wern't in the seats you would have to put end tables between the seats, taking up even more room. Another compromise, just like we all have been making in our systems.

My room is 17' x 30' and has become way too small for a theater room. Now that there is 7.1 surround you want to move those surround speakers to the sides of the room flanking the seats. This makes for a wider room, so the speakers arn't too close to the seats. The 6 and 7th channel speakers now fill the back of the room. I'm finally going to do a room addition so I can get a 24' x 32' theater room. At 24' wide I'm still on the small side with Klipschorns flanking the seats. The seats pictured will help save space.

I'm giving my wife the option of an addition or build a new house.

I hope see says addition, because it will be cheaper. But, a new house will give me an even larger room.

Can these seats be had without the power incline? I wouldnt want any motors adding more noise into the system. I don't think you should go for that option. Remember, it's your room and you shouldn't try to impress anyone. Save that money for more speakers. I don't give a rat's a$$ what people think about my room or system, or what it looks like for that matter. It just has to sound good. Remember Form Fallows Function.

Try not to buy theater seats. If they say theater seats they will cost three times the price of regular recliners. I use reclining sofas and recliners right now. I would like to switch to love seat recliners and cup holding recliners in the new room.

----------------

On 12/31/2004 1:35:39 PM Q-Man wrote:

My room is 17' x 30' and has become way too small for a theater room. Now that there is 7.1 surround you want to move those surround speakers to the sides of the room flanking the seats. This makes for a wider room, so the speakers arn't too close to the seats. The 6 and 7th channel speakers now fill the back of the room. I'm finally going to do a room addition so I can get a 24' x 32' theater room. At 24' wide I'm still on the small side with Klipschorns flanking the seats. The seats pictured will help save space.

----------------

Q-Man, I'm pretty surprised that 17' x 30' has become smallish, but I am thinking 7.1 for the next house and was thinking something like what you have now. I'll also be including Klipschorn fronts, Belle center, and four Cornwalls for sides and rears. I ought to expanding the size requirements for the room while still in the planning stages.

Your comments are one of the reasons that I've been thinking false corners for the Khorns. At least you can get them out in the room a little and directed at the seats. OTOH, the surrounds to the side and rear of the seating area DO take up a lot of room.

So ... if the new house approach was your next step, and you had a big room in the basement as an option, what size would you spec? A 50 x 50' house outline is a typical footprint, but you need some room for storage and HVAC. So what would you go for?

Two Channel System

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable w/Goldring Eroica H MC

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CDP

Wright Sound WPP-100C Phono Stage

JF Lessard Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Preamp w/ RCA 5R4GY & Sylvania 6SN7

JF Lessard Horus Parafeed Cobalt 2A3 Monoblocks w/ Tung Sol 5687 & AVVT 2A3

1976 KCBR Klipschorns with ALK Crossovers

SYSTEMS PAGE LINK: 2 Channel & Home Theater

My room was 17 x 29 before we started. Drywall and hiding speakers behind a scrim front and rears, it is about 17 X 26 ish now.(inside dimensions)

Other than going 3 seats with 3 behind, Trust me for one array of 4 seats it is plenty big.

HT BSMT FRAME SPECS2.jpg

My room was 17 x 29 before we started. Drywall and hiding speakers behind a scrim front and rears, it is about 17 X 26 ish now.(inside dimensions)

Other than going 3 seats with 3 behind, Trust me for one array of 4 seats it is plenty big.

So front three speakers are all vertical Cornwalls as well as the rears Cornwalls as well. I also have the new THX subs on both sides of the center too. I will wire for 7.1 sound but I happen to (for now) enjoy it better in 5.1. I have a pair of Heresies I might use as side fills to make it 7.1.

My personal opinion here, it is very hard to get 7.1 right. In a huge movie theater on the side walls way above you it is a no brainer.. At home a little harder to do. I might experiment with the sprayed surrounds RS3's but I have a feeling the Heresies are better but again if you have one row still hard to do. Do you have it beside you in front of you or behind you or on the back wall? Everyone argues this in 7.1.

5.1, right now, is awesome. Besides, isn't 98% of all movies and DVD audio 5.1? Just a thought..jpg"]

So front three speakers are all vertical Cornwalls as well as the rears Cornwalls as well. I also have the new THX subs on both sides of the center too. I will wire for 7.1 sound but I happen to (for now) enjoy it better in 5.1. I have a pair of Heresies I might use as side fills to make it 7.1.

My personal opinion here, it is very hard to get 7.1 right. In a huge movie theater on the side walls way above you it is a no brainer.. At home a little harder to do. I might experiment with the sprayed surruounds RS3's but I have a feeling the Heresies are better but again if you have one row still hard to do. Do you have it beside you in front of you or behind you or on the back wall? Everyone argues this in 7.1.

5.1, right now, is awesome. Besides, isn't 98% of all movies and DVD audio 5.1? Just a thought.

post-5910-1381925431658_thumb.jpg