The new Sony dual 10"

Rdmarsiii

----------------

On 5/7/2004 10:03:38 AM Rdmarsiii wrote:

Hey all, I know its been mentioned before, but does anyone have any experience with that new Sony dual 10" sub? I saw that it looks decent, and I missed one the other day for like $75. Thanks!

----------------

How did you find it for $75..are you sure?? Thats a fairly new $300 sub?

sivadselim: There is one lesson you must learn, there is a difference between opinion and fact. 2.gif

Fact: Sony speakers suck!

Opinion: You dont like Apple, But until I find a Windows powered notebook pc that is near as good as the new 15" PowerBook, Apple wins. And atleast OSX doesnt need a crucial update every 15 minutes like XP, go go Microsoft job well done on your OS's more holes than a block of swiss cheese!

That is all.

Tweek signing out.

9.gif

I found one on ebay that was mislisted. The seller sells so much stuff they dont know what they have. I was just curious about the sub. Oh, and my laptop uses the same screen as one of the apple ibooks, whatever new one that has the 14" screen.

Sony makes great TV sets,very good projection TV's,quality cameras and great portables(MD,I have the NF610 and 810).But speakers...please they are bested by any half serious company.

Take Paradigm,Mirage,Monitor Audio,Spendor,Dynaudio,Klipsch,Totem...any non ubber mass market speaker maker and they all have Sony bested.

Fact is Sony "subwoofers" are not for serious listeners or any audiophile.These are low bro products with the Sony badge.

----------------

On 5/7/2004 12:08:17 PM Tweek wrote:

sivadselim: There is one lesson you must learn, there is a difference between
opinion
and
fact
2.gif

Fact
: Sony speakers suck!

Opinion
: You dont like Apple, But until I find a Windows powered notebook pc that is near as good as the new 15" PowerBook, Apple wins. And atleast OSX doesnt need a crucial update every 15 minutes like XP, go go Microsoft job well done on your OS's more holes than a block of swiss cheese!

That is all.

Tweek signing out.

9.gif

----------------

there is one lesson you must learn; it is impossible for either the apple or sony sub to figuratively "suck" because that is an adjective that describes the product comparatively speaking. sucks compared to what? the Krell MRS? RSW-15? SVS B4+? KLH $50 8 inch? what are you talking about? maybe if you'd provide us with some numbers we WOULD be able to take YOUR OPINION as fact, rather than what it is....an opinion. I do agree, sony does not make speakers that I would put up against any of the speaker companies mentioned by the ear, but then again they weren't meant to be either. Klipsch are not designed to compete with Verity Audio Lohengrin's, and they are priced accordingly just as the sony sub is.

reread your sig tweek, you might find that classic lincoln quote useful.

ProDJ:

I agree with EAR, that was a great post. something can't "suck" as fact.

perhaps its more along the line of a perceived value perspective, and consumer pricing. i.e. for what you pay for sony you get less of "x"(quality, quantity, whatever variable works here) vs. this other brand.

the problem is with sony "sucking" when looked at on this level, it may not be all that true. Sony, may not actually, suck.

now...magnevox on the other hand....boy do they suck. 2.gif

Sony knows how to do anything they want. In case you folks didn't know the loudspeaker problem was solved at Bell Labs, RCA labs and MGM back in the 1930s. There are no secrets. Only the will or lack of will to do things right.

In Japan Sony sells a line of VERY high quality horn speakers and drive units that make Klipsch look like the KLH stuff at Sams Club.

Sony back in the late 90's also made a expensive very well made line af speakers. I believe crutchfield sold them for a little while. the most expensive ones were around 4,000 if i remeber correct. oh found the catalog( yes i keep all my crutchfield catalogs.9.gif ) 3,500 dollars. sony es ss-m9. found it in summer 1998 catalog. so not all sony speakers suck. Just to flat out say a brand sucks shows how uneducated people are, sometimes. including myself. I learn something new everyday when I'm on this forum.

True,Sony Japan has some products not seen in America.Like high end headpones,speakers and audio components.Sad some of these are not sold here,I was looking for Sony's high end closed headphones to no avail in Canada.Only special orders,these cans sell for 4000 USD!

But when shoping for the ultimate in speakers Dynaudio and Focal plus Accuton drivers level all competition.The best Dynaudio makes make Klipsch look and sound like Cheapo Mart gear.

Technicly they can sell anythign they want for anything they want, as Sony is a hype brand for uneducated consumers. Look at BO$E. They sell products far out of the price range. A system that should be competing with my friends $200 RCA system goes for nearly $2000. A pair of Bose Tri-Port headphones, which are actually quite plesant feeling, sell for $150, but get bested by my Sennheiser HD-497s at less than half the price. Pretty much all I'm trying to say is that companies that are hyped can sell any product they want, reguardless of performance, for any price, and the average consumer will think it is good.

----------------

On 5/11/2004 7:29:06 PM TheEAR wrote:

True,Sony Japan has some products not seen in America.Like high end headpones,speakers and audio components.Sad some of these are not sold here,I was looking for Sony's high end closed headphones to no avail in Canada.Only special orders,these cans sell for 4000 USD!

But when shoping for the ultimate in speakers Dynaudio and Focal plus Accuton drivers level all competition.The best Dynaudio makes make Klipsch look and sound like Cheapo Mart gear.

----------------

I've been reading about Sony's newest program to market to the High dollar crowd...

here's the line--they are very hush hush about it, and the only "store" for this line is by appointment only--they even have their own signature fragrence that will be pushed through the air-vents of the showroom.

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/QUALIA/

Here's a great article detailing the QUALIA program.

http://www.iht.com/articles/515551.html

dont listen to generalizations and listen to the sub yourself. if u like the sub and u like the price - then by all means, get it. no one can tell u something sucks because sucks is such an opinion - it isnt generalizable throughout more than one person.

sure, sony's sub sucks compared to my sub - but it sure as heck is great for the 75$ price tag u mentioned. and sure, my sub sucks compared to the MRS and the B4 - but do i care? no - why? because i like it the way it is, and i like the price i paid for it.

listen to the sony - if u like it and u can justify the purchase, then get it.