Van Helsing - WOW!

milton10

I just went to see Van Helsing at the theater. All I can say is WOW! An action packed fantasy movie with excellent music to boot. If the DVD sounds as good as the soundtrack at the movie theater, this movie will become a "MUST" for all our Klipsh based home theater systems.

If you have not yet seen the movie, do yourself a favor and treat yourself to this fun filled adventure. You will not be sorry!

Milton

Excellent! I've had a close eye on this movie. It looks good. I had already set my mind to the fact that this is not a Lord of the Rings caliber movie so I had not planned on being disapointed, but you just definitly got my curiosity boiling even more. 1.gif

mOOn,

You are correct. Not LOTR by a long shot, but loads of pure fun and action. The storyline is a bit of a stretch as far as believablity is concerned, but the storyline DOES pull together enough to keep you wondering what is going to happen next. And oh the soundtrack - incredible!

Just think of it as James Bond meets the Carpathian legends - Dracula, Frankenstein, the Wolfman etc. Lots of Bond type gadgets, but all in keeping the monsters like the old time films. WOW! Wait until you see Dracula's mistresses (as they land from flying, their wings turn into long flowing gowns - excellent!) Thats all that I am going to tell, I don't want to disappont the plot of the movie.....

I don't think that you will be disappointed.

Milton

Milton-

Your commments about the movie are interesting. I wanted to see the movie, but as soon as I heard that they stuffed Dracula, Frankenstein, the Wolfman, and who knows what else.... it really really turned me off. Being a big vampire flick fan, adding the "other" characters just seems like overkill.

-Dave

Milton, while I agree with you that the soundtrack is intense, pushes you back in your seat, heart-pounding at times, and overall serves the movie well, I'd have to strongly, STRONGLY disagree with you on the movie. It was like a bad comic book. The dialogue was horrible, it was almost laughable at times, and the introduction sequence at the foreset of the movie was so dreadful I immediately knew the movie was going to be a flop. The costumes were nice, but the special effects pulled you right out of the movie, making the audience very aware they were in fact, sitting in a theater seat, with hundreds of other people, watching a movie...which is exactly what a movie should not do. The action was ok, lame at many times, and there is not a SINGLE scene that was memorable or that I found myself going "wow, that was really cool." No, none.

I warn everybody - if you see it, DO NOT see it with any expectation whatsoever. You will be thoroughly disappointed.

Nicholtl,

I have noticed a wide variety of opinions from others as well. I agree that the storyline is a stretch, but for pure action/adventure, I very much enjoyed the movie.

What impressed me most was the soundtrack, I just know that it will sound excellent through my Heresies!

This is not a LOTR type of movie. Anyone looking to have that kind of experience WILL be disappointed. Sometimes I like a movie that is mindless and is pure entertainment. Van Helsing provided just that.

Well, its back to work!

Milton