FRZNINVT, OLDTIMER, CABLACKSMITH- Oiled Oak Academy

the plummer

Hey Guys:

First of all, I guess I should have thought this one through first. I would love to sell my Academy and get a Heresy II to replace it. You all have an equal opportunity to purchase it, but here's the catch. MaMMa don't want me to spend any more money on this right now, cause I just spent $1200 on hydraulic stearing for the boat.

I priced a single Heresy II in Oiled Oak at the local stereo shop. He said $680 each, not counting the bucking magnet. I would be willing to buy used, but I'm usually not lucky enough to purchase anything used that isn't either ruined or overpriced, or the old switcharoo played on me, (I know about the black market on building copies, or placing inferior drivers in an old Kiipsch cabinet. I think that may be the case for a pair of Belle's on E-bay right now. If they were that good, wouldn't they have the ID tags on them, or at least a glue mark where they used to be.

If anyone has an Oiled Oak HeresyII they'd be willing to part with I'd go for that, If I could hear it first, otherwise, I need that 3yr 36,XXX mile warranty that the dealer offers. Or maybe someone has a in-line with a dealer that would be willing to ship me a speaker NIB at your discount rate.

If the latter, lets talk, cause mamma may spring for Khorns and Belles later down the road, as we are designing a new home w/ a 25'X57" HT in the basement.

How good a woodworker are you? You could build (or have built by a local cabinet shop) a matching Heresy II box for far less than a new one. Parts are readily available on eBay, etc. Seems the oak models are hard to find.

Another thought comes to mind -- if you're getting Khorns and Belles later, you don't want Heresy II's now anyway. You want more Belles, or more Khorns, or La Scalas, or original Heresies.

Khorn-Belle-Khorn across the front with any of the above in the back would be sweeeet.

There is a set of Oak Belle's listed on Audiogon right now $2500 or best offer. I was looking hard and e mailed the guy he said they he bought them from a family friend and they have been sitting unused for several years. I thought they were in Indiana but they are in Idaho just a little to far of a drive for me right now. You should drop Kevin a line and see what you can do.