RF-35 vs RF3II

schwock5

RF-35s are kind of a midway between the 3ii's and the 5's. From what I've heard from others, they have a bit of a different sound than the older refrence speakers, but still match. The 35's are newer than both the 3iis and the 5s, and therefore are not the same.

----------------

On 5/25/2004 6:45:47 PM easylistener wrote:

I would say that the 35's are a step back. I had both in the same room and I much perfered the sound of the 3II's. Many people have also like the rc3II better than the rc35.

----------------

I disagree, I think the rf 35's have a slightly smoother sound than the 3II's. The high range is not quite as piercing as the 3II's can get. The crossovers are different, and depending on your preferences of course, The rf35's can be better.

I haven't heard the RF3II, but the RF35 is a very nice speaker. I almost got the RF5, but the dealer didn't have in stock and also there was a considerable price difference.

I got to listen to RF7 after enjoying the RF35s for couple months, and for sure the RF7 sounded fuller. But I digress.

I feel very fortunate to have stumbled upon Klipsch and the RF35s. I hear about the harshness of the klipsh-horns all the time, and maybe it's because these are my first "real" speakers that I've owned so I don't know the difference, but they sound pretty good to me.

I think that component wise, klipsh has hit the hammer on the head with the new reference line. They are slightly less efficient, but they seem a little more reserved than the previous line (In a good way). I do miss the real wood veneers, but for those on a budget, (like myself) it seems a small trade off for the affordability of such high quality speakers. I just can't say enough about the smooth response all the way across the range of the new reference line. I only own the rf15's, but I also spend hours in the local Soundtrack store, playing with the 25's 35's rf5's and the rf7's. They have a full ref. 7 7.1 theater there, which is absolutely astounding. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a pair of RF-7's, but for me, the price to performance ratio doesn't seem to quite add up.