LaScala Subwoofer?

Bill H.

----------------

On 5/26/2004 9:01:49 PM Bill H. wrote:

Should this joker be stopped from Mis representing this sale?

----------------

Like mentioned here and in the fellow's ad, this is a LF (low frequency) section of a commercial LaScala... or as many call them; a "bass bin". It should do well at reproducing 50hz to 400hz... but I agree it isn't a "subwoofer".

OTOH, I don't think it's an attempt to misrepresent the item, but rather the lack of knowledge of what it is and what defines a subwoofer. I hear a lot of people incorrectly refer to their "woofers" in a three way design as their "subwoofer"... and I cringe every time.

Rob

I'd say it's well worth bidding on it!

You have what's great in a Scala, the bass horn, and you're free to decide what you're gonna use as mid/high horns. That's what I did with mine; they were also the Pro version, i don't use the top cabinet anymore, only the bass bins.

----------------

On 5/26/2004 11:43:41 PM formica wrote:

OTOH, I don't think it's an attempt to misrepresent the item, but rather the lack of knowledge of what it is and what defines a subwoofer. I hear a lot of people incorrectly refer to their "woofers" in a three way design as their "subwoofer"... and I cringe every time.

Rob

----------------

Boo hoo, I hear people call subwoofer, 'a bass' and their main speakers 'trebles' - in a sentence: "I have some trebles hooked up to my bass'

GRRR!!! 7.gif