Cheap Speakers

BEC

Doubt you would want these in your living room, but these seem to be really worth the money. I have just bought 4 of these 2 way PA type speakers from MCM. I am listening to a pair of them now and they sound surprisingly good. I have no idea of their quality or durability but the 15 inch woofer and compression driver mid/tweet should be worth most of the $64.95 each price with free shipping (these things weigh 50 pounds each). I bought 4 which brings the price down to $59.95 each with free shipping. I think one pair will find a permanent home in my outdoor shop. If interested go to:

http://mcm.newark.com/

Search for item number 555-2805.

Bob

Surely that can't be Dean questioning why someone would buy something!

I am thinking about yanking one of the woofers to see what they have for a crossover. I expect it to be rather minimal. You should hear these things though. Rather Cornwall like is the best I can describe them. Very good bass end on them. Pants leg flappers with about 60 watts into them.

Do you still want parts?

Bob

If anyone does buy these speakers from MCM, pay attention to the instructions on how to get the free shipping. There is a code number to enter with the order and it is easy to miss doing it. The free shipping ends on May 31.

Bob

They do use the 1/4 inch "pro" type jack on the speakers. You can just buy a single long one of these cables with the 1/4 inch plug on each end and then cut that cable in half to make a pair that hook up to your amp with just wires. That is what I did anyway. Expect to spend around $10.00 for one of these cables.

Bob