URGENT! PLEASE READ! IMPORTANT!

T2K

Having just recently joined this bulletin board, I would like to take the time to thank

all of you that contribute to it.Your past experience no doubt saves your fellow Klipscher's time,money,and frustration.I have

worked 7 days a week for almost 24 years now and just recently took the month of January off, which has allowed me to "blow the dust" off of my Klipsch speakers and begin to enjoy

them again.I joined this board and have throughly enjoyed it.Just wish my wife enjoyed it as well. Anyway, I have a suggestion that will no doubt save you much aggravation.Many of you already know this.DO

NOT USE UPS for your shipping.They offer poor

service (IMO) and seem to enjoy destroying your beloved equipment.I have years of experience using this outfit and have just now had all of I can stand.Fed-Ex offers the same great service that UPS did years ago.No I do not work for either of these companies,

but I do have lots of brutal UPS experience.

I pass this along to you simply because it is

something of which I am certain, just as the advice which you may offer to others on this site.

Thank you for listening and use this advice to your advantage.

DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE IS STRICTLY MY OPINION

BASED PURELY ON MY EXPERIENCE.I

COULD BE WRONG.

TTK

Guy,

Yes, I guess you could call that two damaged by FedEx. Actually, yours weren't really damaged. The set I am referring to actually had the big inductor sheer loose and smash into the Hoveland cap and then on into the other two indcutors! I think I pulled your ties too tight and the others too loose. In this case, the outside of the box was perfect and so was one of the two networks. The other network had the ties sheered. Figure that one out! Anyhow, I am now pulling them tight and sealing them with hot glue.

Al K.

Hmmm... What part of the country do you live in? The service from the drivers and counter people here in northern California is great.

I think the key to safe shipment is proper packing, whether you ship UPS, FedEx, USPS or any other way. I use lots of padding, sturdy boxes, double box, and lots of "FRAGILE" labels.

I have shipped a number of speakers (mostly Heresys) and a lot of other things by UPS, FedEx and the Postal Service. I have only had two problems. The crossover of one speaker shipped parcel post came loose and was bouncing around inside when it arrived. Luckily, the woofer was not damages, just a couple of capacitors that were going to be replaced anyway. This is really due to the way Klipsch mounted it with two screws into plywood, and the fact that the speaker was 20 years old. I think it would have come loose regardless of which way it was shipped. The other problem I had was a damaged magnesium frame on a woofer shipped UPS. This was the fault of the person who packed the shipment. The two woofers were banging around in the box without sufficient padding.

Of course, you find idiots in every occupation. I saw a freight driver push a $20,000 computer subsystem off the back of a truck. In another case I saw another driver dump another piece of expensive equipment onto the floor from his hand truck. In both cases, I just told the driver to put it back on the truck and take it back.

UPDATE TO MY OWN WARNING:

FEDEX IS OFFERING STIFF COMPETITION TO UPS.

RECEIVED SUB FROM FEDEX THAT APPEARED TO

HAVE BEEN THROWN FROM BACK OF TRUCK MOVING

AT 55 MPH.MAKES LOCAL KLIPSCH DEALER AWFULLY

ATTRACTIVE!

SEE DISCLAIMER ABOVE!