Khorns for Sale in Maryland

thebes

This mornings classified section of the Washington Post carries the following ad:

Speakers-Corner Klip Schorns. Perfect Condition. Best Offer. call 301--855-7131.

(spelling is exactly as in ad)

Rats I have no corners and I just bought some 5'2's less then two months ago.

I may call and make an outrageous offer but basically I ran this so forum members in this area would have a heads up. Given the size of those things I understand it best to acquire them locally.

Hey Gary don't stop now. You know you wan some Khorns! Maybe you have a birthday or something coming up or you could get them for you wife for your wedding anniversary.

----------------

On 6/5/2004 12:56:25 PM thebes wrote:

Hey Gary don't stop now. You know you wan some Khorns! Maybe you have a birthday or something coming up or you could get them for you wife for your wedding anniversary.

----------------

LOL! I just brought home another pair of cornwalls last weekend and I already told my wife about the ad. She said they'd be a little big to use as car speakers. At least she has a sense of humor about these things.

I also just passed on a penny saver deal for 200+ mint lps. I offered to take just the classical but it was an all or nothing deal. I already have enough Ray Conniff and Andy Williams in my give-away pile. They were all absolutely mint though. Most looked never played. He did let me buy the original Living Stereo copy of Rachmaninoff, Rhapsody On A Theme Of Paganini for $5 since I had the 200 gr reissue and wanted to compare. I'm hoping he can't get another buyer and decides to split them up for me. There was a Patsy Cline I would have liked but too many Liberaces.14.gif

Keep trying you could always resell them or trade for some equipment that you have always wanted. Just think these could be one owners and have never been moved since they were set in place. Mint condition and never had more than a few watts in them. Bill

Sounds like they're early 90s birch raw. $1500 in great condition would be a very good price. I hope you get them. Please realize they have no hardwood veneer so they won't go for a premium and if you really want a nice veneer, these aren't the ones. With a nice finishing job, they'll look great anyway. Worth checking out! I don't think beech was an option. Let us know how it goes.

Do you know what part of MD they're in?

----------------

On 6/5/2004 5:53:13 PM Rdmarsiii wrote:

Are you gonna get em?

----------------

Unfortunately they won't fit the available space and SWMBO won't let me throw out her $2000 "wall". (bookcase/center thingie). That's the problem with corner horns, they gotta live in the corner.