people do not know what they are missing

cjgeraci

----------------

On 6/26/2004 2:57:09 AM AK-4 wrote:

Where did you purchase those panels Carl?

----------------

Dean, all of the white panels I purchased from RealTraps (www.realtraps.com). Most of them are Minitraps with two Microtraps thrown in. The remaining four panels (beige) are covered two-inch thick fiberglass panels. I purchased those panels from my local Rotel/Classe dealer, BestAudio, in St.Louis. Best purchases them from a local company who treats the panels and covers them for HT applications. I will find out the name of the company and post it.

I tried to get raw panel materials from Ethan and some others, including calling all the potential commercial suppliers I could think of in St. Louis. I do not believe Ethan carries any raw panels for sale anymore. The best line I could get was on 1 inch fiberglass panels from a local commercial supplier. I wanted two-inch thick panels, however. After some frustration, I bit the bullet and purchased already-made panels. Have not regretted the purchase for one second.

On the placement of MiniTraps, Ethan says start with the vertical corners first, preferably where your sub(s, rear ports of your mains are located, or where your bass collects. Then you can start with the horizontal corners between the walls and the ceilings.

Carl.

----------------

On 6/27/2004 12:31:23 AM Did not mean to offend SO SORRY wrote:

RE: Bosch Dishwashers

We purchased ours just over 2 years ago. It crapped out after 3 months and was repaired under warranty (switch problem). Then 3 weeks ago the pump failed. Not under warranty. $467 repair bill (the darn part was $400!!).

Maybe shoulda got a Miele?

----------------

Based on a number of his/her recent posts, I cannot tell if this is for real or not. If it is, sorry about the Bosch repair problems. No problems here with either of my Bosch.

If not, at least a somewhat humorous troll.

Carl.

----------------

On 6/26/2004 2:57:09 AM AK-4 wrote:

Where did you purchase those panels Carl?

----------------

The incredible-looking beveled, two-inch beige panels were made by a St. Louis company called Quest Acoustics. From looking at their website, they offer a wide variety of products and acoustical consulting. Also, they have a number of dealers listed for around the country. Go to www.questai.com.

I highly recommend this company. When ordering panels, I simply selected the type fabric, pattern, and color from books Quest provides to their local dealers. About a week later, very nice looking panels arrived at my dealer.

If anyone wants to know what I paid for these particular panels, pm me. I can tell you the price was pretty competitive for two-inch thick, covered and treated panels.

Carl.

I also have a Bosch dishwasher, a year old top of the line model. It is very quiet, has worked flawlessly in its first year of operation, and really does a fantastic job on the dishes, pots and pans.

As a matter of fact, it is so quiet, if your not in the kitchen close by, I doubt in the next room you would hear much of anything except when the water is discharged out of it in the rinse cycle.

And I agree with a prior post... If you can really, really like a dishwasher.....(ok, stop) I really, really like our Bosch.

Our unit is a stainless steel front with the controls on the top part just under the Corian counter top. We got it from Sears,, and the best time of the year to buy from them is Memorial day and Labor day. (Sears best sales days.)

We found the same model several hundreds more even at builders prices at the local appliance stores. Unfortunantly, when you look around, they usually show them at the store with all the features and benefits. (Though not usually hooked up!!) It was not till we got it home did we really appreciate the Bosch even more with the quietness and great job it does too.

OK, back to speakers...LOL.

Screw Sears and Bosch. Both are overpriced and overrated. Like anything, positive experiences are not unheard of, but horror stories are common as well. The best dishwasher on the market under $800 on the market is the Whirlpool Gold GU1500XTLB. Street price is usually under $500. If you want the best at any price, a KitchenAid KUDS01 will get you home. Shop at a reputable independant. Also, "builders' prices" mean about as much as a "sale". (Very, very little)

Nice room. Go Rams!

Thanks. My wife does not get it (just yet). But that's ok, my little escape from the real world.

Carl.

P.S. Bulger or Mr. Brenda Warner? (Just kidding) Glad the Rams finally put that to rest. Go Rams.

Kurt, seriously, the best of luck to you. Has Brenda accepted another radio gig yet? (For some reason, she had her own show here) Could be exciting the first time she makes a public comment criticizing the head coach.

As the summer progresses, Kurt may wish he was still hanging out with "Mad Mike." The following is from today's New York Post: "Soon enough, likely on a sweltering afternoon in Albany, Coughlin is going to turn up the heat and make life miserable for all involved." 7.gif Oh yeah, back to speakers .......

bclarke421

Wow, what do you have as a personal vendetta against Sears or Bosch?

I think we already found 3 people who liked them on here, and all of us have had great experiences... I wonder what your problem with either was? Sears or Bosch?

"Builders prices" at yes an indepenedent and or major appliance stores in lighting, carpet, counters, etc., etc., are a LOT lower, and everyone knows it, when you go in. (It is about simple economics, you buy more items... you get better discounts!)