For Sale: My '88 La Scala's LS BLS-WAL Type AL

Ctiger2

A shameless plug for my La Scala's I recently placed on eBay. I realize I might have priced them a little "rich" at $1500, but La Scala's seem to be kinda hot right now. Also, I need to get a little extra dough to pay for the '80 Khorns that my friend will be delivering from Idaho to my house in a couple weeks. Can you beleive I've gone from '76 Cornwall to '88 La Scala to the soon to be '80 Khorns all in less than 1 year? I have climbed the Klipsch ladder pretty quick. This is a disease that I think I'm finally going to get the cure for. God I love these horns! 3.gif

'88 La Scala's

----------------

On 6/6/2004 9:29:48 PM Cut-Throat wrote:

Hi,

Where are you at in the twin Cities? - I'm in Plymouth. What amps are you using with your Klipsch?

----------------

I am in N. Mpls. I run the Las with a pair of MC30's or 8b. They sound fantastic with both. I prefer to use the MC30's with the Las as they are a little more sensitive amp. With them, you can really hear into the music like nothing I've ever heard before. I would not be selling the Las if a pair of Khorns weren't being delivered to me. I wish I could keep them both, but I don't have the room right now.

Charlie

Hi Aaron,

Yeah, It's too bad the La Scala isn't as highly regarded as the Belle "looks wise". I really like the look of mine. They have a beautiful birch wood grain pattern. No complaints with the sound either. 2.gif If I had the money, I would keep 'em, and just buy the khorns also. I know there is some interest in mine because I have 28 people who put them on their "watch" list. We'll see what happens. Personally, I'd like to see a bidding war in the final minute...4.gif

Hi Charlie,

Enjoyed the visit yesterday. If you don't get any Bids, put them up next time with smaller opeing price and a Reserve amount. They may get some action.

I'll have to Bring My 45 amps over to your place in the near future. It would allow us to compare them with your amps.

Regards,

Hey Kevin,

Yes it was nice to meet another Klipsch-o-phile.

Yeah, I think if they end with noone bidding I'll try a different strategy... No big deal... I do have 48 people watching them so ya never know...

You'll have to stop by sometime with the 45's. I'd be interested in hearing them. Although, it's kinda tough to make a fair/good comparison with such a short audition. A person almost needs to live with something for a while to really get used to/appreciate the sound.

You'll have to pick up a pair of 30's, I think you'd like them with your Belle's. Just what you need is another pair of amps... 1.gif

Charlie