Klipsch forte 2- bad woofer- need fixed- help!

bcorley

Use the search function to find discussions about the problems other of us have had with the Forte II woofer (K-25-K) ... you 'may' be able to fix certain problems yourself. Klipsch does not stock the K-25-K anymore, but does offer a substitute. I don't know if you would want to buy a pair to match ... or just one (>100.00US/a piece). The K-25-K does show up on eBay occasionally (~50.00US), but are more rare than others.

If you can't find any previous discussions on the subject, post and I will try to help.

Good Luck

Must be something going around..because I have the same problem..the paper of the cone has lost its integrity around the dust cover...no rips or tears...just a weak spot...and makes a terrible sound....

This is the second time they have been replaced....its only one ..this time ...but how long before the other one takes a dump on me.....

So any more ideas would be helpful......

post-12600-13819255871668_thumb.jpg

Hi guy,

There is a guy here in MD that repairs woofers. It's expensive, minimum I think is $150.Let me know if you want his number.

Can you get to the woofer cone? If so, carefully press on the cone with both thumbs, one at 3 O'Cloak and one at 9. Be as even as you can. Move the cone inwards about the same as a normal excursion. If you hear or feel any noise the voice coil has warped due to overheating.

I recommend replacing the woofer if it is bad (or have the same thing done to both woofers). Repaired woofers always sound different then before the fix. Given this, even a different brand woofer would be about the same difference.