SPL Meter

Doc Robin

I think that the sale is nationwide. RS just came out with a new design on the unit. It is still analog and has the same features, but is in a slightly smaller and sleeker unit.

I should buy one of the closeout units to have it as a backup at this price.

I posted this in 2.1 forum but ill say it again.

I couldnt find one at my retailer.... the guy didnt even know what an SPL meter was. The only one they had were the new digital ones and they were out of THOSE. Rat Shack gets its derrogitory name for a reason...

Ahh, Radio Shack - the same fine establishment that fumbled a simple request on my part 2 months ago to provide an additional length of RG59-U co-ax to extend that which came with my FanFare FM antenna. I was told by the 'expert' at the store that such co-ax was 'obsolete' even though the antenna was brand new, and that I'd have to replace the entire length with the type that Radio Shack carried. Of course, I declined their generous offer.

And then at my next stop I found a rack of RG-59U at that esoteric place called my local True Value Hardware Store, and of course purchased what I needed. I have since seen it sold in a number of locations, including the cable that Time Warner runs into my house. 'Obsolete' indeed!

I decided then and there to never ever buy a single solitary item at Rat Shack!

Radio shack should change the name to cell phone shack,,,they never have or know anything in there anymore,,,even if you know what you want they dont know how to find it,,,you ask for the catalog they point to comp. and say ,oh we dont have a catalog anymore....i predict radio shack will be gone in 5 years,,,,,to bad use to be good store for do it yourself projects....rick

Good DAy all,

PLEASE ALLOW ME TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU,

on 06-22-04 when i picked up my SPL meter I dug through 4 meters boxes (one was display )last one .

I will go pass this mall again on firday 6-25-04 in around 8.

so if your are serious and you want the spl from RADIO SHACk if the are still there on 6-24-04 i will buy them all and the first four members you got.

here is the $ break down

1. unit 14.97 + 6% PA tax

2. approx $2 .50 for bubble mailer that hold the unit.

3. approx $3-5 for first class postage and insurance depending on your zip code.

PleASE ONLY IF YOUR ARE Serious ABOUT THIS AS I DONT NOT NEED 4 SPL METERS ONE WILL DO. And Iam not masking any money . on this

I am Just trying to help a fellow klipscher any that I can !!

Yendor.black @verizon .net

peace

yendor.

----------------

On 6/24/2004 12:31:32 AM YENDOR wrote:

Good DAy all,

PLEASE ALLOW ME TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU,

on 06-22-04 when i picked up my SPL meter I dug through 4 meters boxes (one was display )last one .

I will go pass this mall again on firday 6-25-04 in around 8.

so if your are serious and you want the spl from RADIO SHACk if the are still there on 6-24-04 i will buy them all and the first four members you got.

here is the $ break down

1. unit 14.97 + 6% PA tax

2. approx $2 .50 for bubble mailer that hold the unit.

3. approx $3-5 for first class postage and insurance depending on your zip code.

PleASE ONLY IF YOUR ARE Serious ABOUT THIS AS I DONT NOT NEED 4 SPL METERS ONE WILL DO. And Iam not masking any money . on this

I am Just trying to help a fellow klipscher any that I can !!

Yendor.black @verizon .net

peace

yendor.

----------------

Too bad I brought one already but your very generous