rb-75 or rf-35

companion

hello i have a pair of rf-35's now but i am finaly getting a sub a svs 25-31 pc+ do you think it would be a good upgrade if i sold the rf-35's for rb-75's ? it probbaly wouldnt cost me much money and i dont need the deep bass that the rf-35's have and i like the idea of almost an identical horn in the rb-75's as the rf-7 please help me thanks

You are very wise regarding upgrade of the horns. Did what you are proposing until I stumbled across a pair of new RF-7s for sale (and moved the RB-75s to surrounds).

Yes, it is worth it. You will need to go with a RC-7 as a center.

If you have the dough, a front array of three RC-7s would be even better. Read through the RB-75 thread here started by Mdeneen. It will tell you all you need to know. Sure, the RF-35s are a little larger sounding than the RB-75s (due to the cabinet), but the upgrade from 35 horns to the sevens horns is worth it. The RB-75s can still go down to 42Hz. However, that should not be a concern because you are expecting a beautiful cylinder. The cylinder look is not for everyone, but I love the look of mine.

BTW, congrats on your SVS plus!! You will really appreciate that sub. SVS blends in seamlessly with Klipsch reference.

Carl.

A 14 year old who works for money! I thought those days had passed. The youngsters around hear just throw a fit and mom and dad shell out the clams. Sad indeed. Good for you. Rb-75s are great and more refined than some of the lesser offerings. However what you have is still very good.

You're making me feel bad. I am 22 and I just got a pair of RF-3IIs for a steal (new, under $500 from an authorized dealer), but I have no chance of upgrading them to the 7-series for now, since I have no sub or money. But I guess med school tends to make people poorer, heh.

P.S. I didn't try running them off my promedia amp : )