A Klipsch Audio Forum?

----------------

On 6/27/2004 2:02:54 AM Clipped and Shorn wrote:

----------------

On 6/25/2004 11:32:54 PM HornPenguin wrote:

The primary reason that I visit/post here less lately is simple. There is too much bandwidth. Too many here are eggar to talk when they have nothing to say. How many threads break down into useless comments that have nothing to do with the topic? How many flames and personal digs does one have to wade through? I wonder why the Klipsch "moderators" don't ban about %30 of the members here?

----------------

And what exactly is the "topic" here in the General Forum?

And what exactly is so painful that you want to shut people up rather than picking and choosing what you read or where and when you visit?

Exactly where is this "Pleasantville" that you live in that is the model for the rest of the world here?

C&S

Actually, I need to know the politics of those I take audio advice from. One thing informs the other, .......just like why there really are hardly any right wingers who can really dig jazz on a deep level. This **** is all inter-related.

----------------

C&S,

I guess I dig jazz on a very shallow level. That's one of the most assinine statements I've ever heard and I've heard plenty on this forum lately. I've always tried to judge people based on their character, not their politics. You may want to try that sometime. Sheeeesh!!!!

• Moderators

chuckears,

You're political question to fini was way off topic, and would have been better in the private forum, since it was directed at fini only in the first place.

Seems like you are trying to stir up something, and I'm requesting that it stops.

Thank you

FLASON.....The Jubilee is better at 40hz .....UP by 6db. that is very significant. The bass unit is smooth up past 1500hz although crossed over at 800hz. The cinema unit varies from this a bit. I wouldnt care if it came in raw birtch or painted black industrial grade. what would it cost to bring out the bass unit? Trey talk to the powers at HQ. And lets nail down an answere.This could move the Jubilee in a new direction. (as a kit) for the never ending scratch tweek hobbyist. wWe were here first and started this audio hobby/ buisness.

Tom,

Are you saying that one's political views determine their character? If we listed all the Democrats and Republicans on this board you'd be able to define their character based on such a list? That's ridiculous. My grandparents were Democrats and had political views completely opposite mine and both my brothers. My father is VERY liberal. I'm conservative. What you're saying is one of us has a flaw in our character because of this difference? I don't buy it. Sorry. That's like saying you can't dig jazz unless you're on the left.

Gary ...Im so far to the right I wont fly on a plane unless it has 2 right wings. But I still like JAZZ. It developed my personna without politicle flaws. Thats why I have a left & right speaker shoved in the right corner. Khorns excluded.

Actually Tom said a persons character influences their politics not the reverse. It does not imply there is a 'flaw' in their character to be one or the other. Character, as used here, is made up of what and what not a person values and the relative importance of those values.

That shouldn't be in dispute nor should it cause umbrage. What should cause umbrage are people who are willing to label themselves Democrats or Republicans and tow the party line.

Amy,

My apologies... at the time, it was just a little wink at fini, not intended to stir anything.

I will attempt to limit my (minority?) political comments to PMs, although I must admit to feeling somewhat trod upon, especially given the post (now locked, but thanks for not deleting it) suggesting I should be ashamed of how I am raising my daughter...

I solemnly promise that I will endeavor to persevere...

What is this JUBILEE? Never heard of it. COuld someone please post photo and/or specs? I take it this is an old 'heritage' line no longer in production?

"Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

ps for some really excellent Jazz Fusion, check out Billy Cobham Spectrum (especially the track Stratus) featuring Tommy Bolin (dec) and Jan Hammer- absolutely cooking, and recorded in 3 days!

Colter---The Jubilee was PWK's last project. One thing that seemed to bedevil him was the poor high frequency response of the basshorn in the Khorn. This poor response kind'a backed Paul into a corner where he had to make a 3-way speaker.

Late in life PWK and Roy Delgado came up with a new folded basshorn with improved high frequency response, improved response that allowed a higher crossover from the basshorn and thus the use of a metal diaphragm compression driver, thus a 2-way instead of a 3-way.

Anyway the speaker was kinda finalized, stories differ. The Jubilees I saw in Hope used a B&C 2" throat compression driver and a rectangular tractrix horn of some plasticky material. There is a photo extant of PWK standing next to a Jubilee with a wooden tractrix horn.

In any case the speaker was never made available to the public and most are pessimistic that it ever will be. Though many on this board would like to see the speaker go into production as it represented the culmination of the life's work of one of the more talented and interesting of speaker designers.

colter,

Also the fact that it was called the Jubilee and there's another speaker called the Jubilee in the Pro Audio products line confuses people. The on Tom mentioned looks like this:

pwkandjubilee.jpg

and would have been really cool to have seen in production. But, from what I recall of the moderators explination, Klipsch the Co. didn't think the market would support the cost of bringing into being.