Sony LCD Television

DA1984

I work for a sony xbr dealer, and I can say that the xbr LCD is nothing but trouble. Thing breaks all the time. If you gotta have it get the service plan. Although, I would recomend you consider one of samsungs new dlps with the 7 segment color wheel, or hitachi's LCD. My $.02

I was watching a PBS show on manufacturing - I learned something interesting - The Sony LCD, rear projection, and large Direct View TV's are made right in the United States, in Western PA.

It's a vertically integrated operation - a Sony subsidiary manufactures the picture tubes and glass, and then they're shipped next door to the TV factory. I'd give them my business, because Americans actually have good jobs as a result.

----------------

On 6/28/2004 6:19:46 AM Cleve wrote:

I was watching a PBS show on manufacturing - I learned something interesting - The Sony LCD, rear projection, and large Direct View TV's are made right in the United States, in Western PA.

It's a vertically integrated operation - a Sony subsidiary manufactures the picture tubes and glass, and then they're shipped next door to the TV factory. I'd give them my business, because Americans actually have good jobs as a result.

----------------

Interesting. All Sony's tube and CRT projection sets are made in Mexico. Glad to see they finally started responding to market disgust over outsourced manufacturing...

From my experience...

I have the Sony GWII XBR 50" and I think the picture is awesome. However from what I have read the Sony GWIII 50" has the same picture quality as the GWII 50" it is just not an XBR, yet posses the same traits. The XBR as we know was introduced in the 60" version for the GWIII's, the difference between the GWII and the GWIII XBR's, that I do not know.

I do know this...

After my father saw my GWII, a few weeks ago he went out and bought the GWIII 50", and I think the picture is better than my GWII. We all love to brag about our toys, but this is the honest truth.

Now, its time to out do good "ole" dad...the games we play for bragging rights can get expensive!9.gif !9.gif !9.gif !

All in all, go with the 50" GWIII. You will not be dissapointed and if you watch when BB has there 10% off coupons, you can get the GWIII on sale and use the 10% coupon only on Saturday.

----------------

On 6/28/2004 11:10:59 AM Griffinator wrote:

----------------

On 6/28/2004 6:19:46 AM Cleve wrote:

----------------

Interesting. All Sony's tube and CRT projection sets are made in Mexico. Glad to see they finally started responding to market disgust over outsourced manufacturing...

----------------

All this from that good ole American company "Sony"...