my new toys

joshnich

Picked up a pair of mid 70s belles today. I am in the process of comparing them to my mid 80s cornwalls. Its a little tough because part of the purchase price was my Cary SLP 88 Pre amp. I am now using the preamp section of my MC 6100 integrated driving a pair of MC 225s. The bass is dynamic and robust. I wonder if its the speakers or the preamp. Ill know more when I get my Peach!

Josh

post-12293-13819256241488_thumb.jpg

They look beautiful Josh. Congrats! I never found belles to be lacking in bass the way some folks say. Just a different sound then the cornwalls. I wish I owned a pair! I had 1 in my house for about 6 months last year and was able to get a feel for the sound. The mids and highs just seemed to wrap around the top end of the speaker.

Looks pretty darn nice to me, too. It'll be interesting to hear your take on the difference in sound between the Corns and Belles.

Have a question, is the riser on the bottom similar to the riser on a Cornwall or Heresy? IOW, is it just basically just 4 strips of wood with mitred corners? Or is it more involved? Is there a plate on the bottom to provide woofer access?

Any chance you could post a pic of the bottom? :)

Thanks

----------------

On 6/27/2004 11:44:19 PM Tom Mobley wrote:

Have a question, is the riser on the bottom similar to the riser on a Cornwall or Heresy? IOW, is it just basically just 4 strips of wood with mitred corners? Or is it more involved? Is there a plate on the bottom to provide woofer access?

Any chance you could post a pic of the bottom?
:)

----------------

Yes Tom, there is a plate on the bottom to provide access to the woofer. Ill look at the riser when I get home tonight but I believe it is similar to the riser on my cornwalls

Josh

Thx, Josh.

What I'm trying to get is an idea how the bottom is actually made, like is the bottom plate a large rectangular thing almost as big as the inside of the riser, or a triangular piece that just covers the bottom of the woofer chamber or what. Thanks for taking your time to look.

Hi Tom, the plate is a medium sized rectangle roughly 1/2 the area of the inside of the riser. I'll snap a pic tonight (if I get the chance!!) and post tomorrow here. The riser is a 4 strip of wood with mitred corners affair with a piece of wood in each corner to lend structural support.