Sansui tube receiver on Ebay -- Would this be a good deal?

Daddy Dee

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5706221631&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I've been watching this auction for a few days. Not personally interested but sure wondered if this is a worthy option. Never have heard anyone speak of this unit. Of course, I could have had an attack of amnesia. 10.gif

BTW, if you have amnesia, how will you know you have forgotten something?

I've got a solid state Sansui, very nice but a smidge harsh with Klipsch.

Recommend you visit www.audiokarma.org and type Sansui 1000a in search field. I just did that and a bunch of hits came up. There's a group of Sansui fanatics that hang out there. Also the first thread that popped up asked the same question as you did and the response was generally favorable. Hope this helps and good luck.

I have a refurbished 1000A, paired to some RF-3 II's and it packs a wallop!

U should here Clapton unplugged on 25% volume...is it live or is it memorex?

The amp is a small city to work on, but if it's original with the Tamura transformers u will have a piece worth rebulding. I have an H/K A700 modified with Hammond trans. with 35 wpc that sounds astral, but when I want that kick in the pants response from the RF 3's, I cable in the Sansui and part my hair. Highly recommended for a fair price!