k-horn question

iwillwalk

Forty-one inches will complete the bass horn, extending it out flush with the face of the speaker. Any more than that is of little benefit.

The belle or la scala make ideal centers, but the heresy would be good, too. Heresys will make great rears - that's what I am going to use.

Okay, I think you should run, drive or fly as fast as you can to where ever these Klipschorns are, AND BUY THEM!

I just bought mine sight unseen and they're in great condition and sound even better. Most people seem to look after them pretty well.

If you have concerns about corners, I think you can resolve them. I've got one corner that's technically not ideal, but it seems to have made no difference whatsoever to the sound. There's lots of good advice in this forum about getting the best out of Khorn's corner problems or not.

So don't worry, just buy them.

Hersey's are fine as rears, I use them myself, my originals are a pair of LaScala's as rears with my Khorns(I have pics on the site)but no room so they are boxed. If you go with the Hersey as rears get about a 21" to 24" stand, just about couch height IMO, I had my stands custom built, can find any to accomodate a speaker of this size...10.gif