Denon DVD Player

syd

Hi all!

I've found a great deal on a Denon DVD player, 2800 MKII. Does anyone have any feedback on this DVD player? Is it worth the money?

receiver - Denon 2800

speakers - Klipsh 25 Reference series (all the way around)

• Like 1

It's kinda hard to tell if it's "worth" it, without a price to go by. The 2800 is an older denon dvd player and not a current model. You may be able to find as good of performance in a new model depending on how good your deal was.

Edit: I don't know why my post showed up as a blank. Sorry about that.

I would probably look into the Denon 2200. I have this player, and it is a pretty solid player for around $550. Plus it plays DVD-Audio and SACD, which sure sounds sweet through my Klipsch speakers! You could probably find it cheaper online (got mine at Tweeter), but they might not be an authorized dealer.

I believe the 2800 II may have had a few bugs,I would look at the 2200,2900 in Denon.I bought a cheap Toshiba,5 disc,dvda,sacd at BB for my garage,I was surprised at the audio quality,much better than the 563 it replaced.

Thanks for everyon'e feedback!

The deal for the Denon DVD player was $300. It isn't brand new, but rather a trade in. The player looks phenomenal, as if it was never even taken out of the box. There are absolutely no scratches of any kind anywhere on the device (front, back, sides, bottom.....anywhere), which is what made me take notice as I've never purchased a trade-in item before - not that you can't get good deals on one.

I purchased the DVD player last night (with a 10 day return poilcy if I wasn't satisfied) and set it up at home. Though I haven't been able to play with all the functions yet, I did put a couple DVD's in and noticed an immediate difference in sound quality! I was floored by the difference from my old Sony player to this one. The picture quality is also better, but not as dramatic a diference as the audio quality.

Based on everyone's feedback regarding the 2200 model, do you think it's worth picking one up and trying it out? Any idea if I would notice any additional improvements?

• Like 1

I have the Denon DVD 2800.. I bought brand new for $750, and it does not have the Chroma bug issue that it is acclaimed for.. IMHO, it is the best player, (picture and sound wise) that I have seen.. I wouldn't trade mine for anything..Mated to a Denon AVR-4802, driving an RF-5 system, there is no sweeter sounding of a setup... You got a good deal, though at $350.. I wouldn't trade it off, dude !! ENJOY....2.gif2.gif